Rain X

Any recommendations on treating glass besides the windshield?
  • side glass
  • side mirrors
  • rear glass with wiper
  • panoramic roof

Years ago, I used Klasse AIO on my M3 with a PC and white pad... but seems some don't care for any sealant it may leave behind on the glass. I've considered Aquapel, pricey at ~$5 per application/per glass panel, for the windshield.

I only use it on side glass (spray cleaner) … got rain sensitive wipers that do a good job

Last edited:
Originally Posted by bmwpowere36m3
  • side glass
  • side mirrors
  • rear glass with wiper
  • panoramic roof

Years ago, I used Klasse AIO on my M3 with a PC and white pad... but seems some don't care for any sealant it may leave behind on the glass. I've considered Aquapel, pricey at ~$5 per application/per glass panel, for the windshield.

I use the spray wax/sealant that I have. Currently it's the Griots 3 in1 Ceramic. It can be sprayed on all surfaces. For smaller glass I spray the microfiber then wipe the glass and mirrors. Buff off with a clean towel.

No need for a separate product.

I have been using Rain-X for many years, but technology marches on. I realize there are better products out there and I will
use the remaining RX. My question is (I am flaky and I am old, bear with me) After RX on my windshield I use a scrubby bug
sponge to remove bugs. Will it take the RX off? Thanks for your patience.

• side glass
  • side mirrors
  • rear glass with wiper
  • panoramic roof

You can make one aquapel do a whole car.. might be stretching it with giant sunroof.. but 2 would definitely do a whole car and the front/back of another.

Tons of fakes on amazon. I usually go ebay(ironically) you break the aquapel (how you activate it) I usually try to sniff a tiny whiff.. if it feels like your nose is melting.. its the real stuff if not its a fake.
Had 4 different orders from amazon.. only 1 set of 6 was real.. and all 4 were fulfilled by amazon.. tons of fakes in their warehouse.

I start with front and back window.. then go hit the front window again to pick up aquapel on the applicator then hit side windows..

You can use many things on the side windows.. but esp front and back(if back wiper) aquapel doesnt smear.. AT ALL.

I have been using Rain-X for many years, but technology marches on. I realize there are better products out there and I will
use the remaining RX. My question is (I am flaky and I am old, bear with me) After RX on my windshield I use a scrubby bug
sponge to remove bugs. Will it take the RX off? Thanks for your patience.

Not in my experience.

Glass science rain clear. It’s a real PITA to apply but lasts and lasts. I try to apply it twice a year and basically never see degrading performance. Lately it’s been once a year with acceptable results.

Rain X last months for me, but then my truck and car stay in the garage most of the time and out of the sun. Love the stuff.

I have used Rain-X, Glass Science Rain Clear, and Griot's Garage Glass Sealant. They all do what they are designed to. The Griot's Garage product worked the best for me. Easiest to apply and easiest to remove. I only use it on the rear hatch and the side windows. I have found that putting these products on the windshield just creates too many issues with smearing and creating weird glare at night from oncoming cars.

I didn’t realize how much I rely on Rain-X until I got my windshield replaced and went on a road trip. Of course it started raining, visibility was so bad I immediately went to the nearest auto parts store to buy a bottle. I usually apply it once every six months or so.

Back