New Michelin Endurance XT silicone wipers

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Please let us know with night driving in the rain and if after each swipe, your windshield haze's or "White-Out" after each swipe noticeable with over head street-lights, or on-coming traffic headlights. I won't use RainX due to this terrible anomaly, and I think the silicone blades will do the same......."

That's a result of not following the directions.

You MUST remove ALL the excess compound, AND keep it off the wiper blade. I used paper towels to wipe it all off my wife's car a week ago (after application), then checked it by running the washer.

Every winter I wash the windshield, clean the wiper blades, and re-apply Rain-X on all glass and head and tail lights.

I bought some low cost Michelins last time. Most horrible wipers ever. I'll never buy any more with their name on them. Of course I've had a lot of bad wipers. Good ones seem to be rare.

I now have some $4.48 "Auto Drive" (LOL) wipers I'm putting on soon. They quite literally can't be any worse.

You know, wipers are sort of like tires. The quality control seems to be stuck in a pre-computer era. I just don't get how entire industries can be so... incompetent. I guess it's all the low wage factories and child labor.

I put on Michelin silicone blades (also from Walmart) on the Camry last month. So far they have been really good, time will tell if they are worth the extra cash. I drive that car a lot, and I also clean the windshield often. The cheap Simonize wipers from Ollie's were a disappointment.

Originally Posted by Silver

You know, wipers are sort of like tires. The quality control seems to be stuck in a pre-computer era. I just don't get how entire industries can be so... incompetent. I guess it's all the low wage factories and child labor.

A baffling sentiment. My first tires were computer age bias plies, contemporary glass belted radials were better, more expensive but were out of round by 30K miles. The advancements since then have been constant and additive.

I use RainX on the front side glass only … and Dawn suds on my wiper blades … double the life and improve performance by giving them a deep cleaning at least 4x a year …

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back