Rain X Latitude Wiper Refill

I have Rain X Latitude on my F150 and Subaru. I've had em a year and they are toasted. Trying to find refills to fit them but coming up short :( I see Rain X does not offer refills! I was wondering if anyone has found a decent replacement blade for the Latitude series without having to buy a whole new wiper.

While it is technically possible to replace just the element in beam blades, they aren't really designed for that. That being said, you would have to find a cut-to-fit generic element on Amazon or eBay that is the same size as what is in the blade.

I have Rain X Latitude on my F150 and Subaru. I've had em a year and they are toasted. Trying to find refills to fit them but coming up short :( I see Rain X does not offer refills! I was wondering if anyone has found a decent replacement blade for the Latitude series without having to buy a whole new wiper.
Why bother with that! Rain-X wipers suck anyway.

Rain-X wipers are by far and away the worst wipers that I’ve ever tried. Their AdvantEdge Silicone blades lasted less than 2 weeks on one of my cars before the blade collapsed and under 2 months on my other car. I tried contacting the company but they informed me that the 90 day warranty was held by another company and to contact them directly; the third party warranty company never responded to my requests and their website went down about 3 months after those wiper blades were released.

Rain-X wipers are by far and away the worst wipers that I’ve ever tried. Their AdvantEdge Silicone blades lasted less than 2 weeks on one of my cars before the blade collapsed and under 2 months on my other car. I tried contacting the company but they informed me that the 90 day warranty was held by another company and to contact them directly; the third party warranty company never responded to my requests and their website went down about 3 months after those wiper blades were released.
You got use out of them than I did - put a pair on the Sonata in January and was not impressed with them - seemed like a sloppy fit. About 3 days later I turned the wipers on to clean the windshield (and before anyone asks, yes, I made sure they weren't frozen to the windshield) and the passenger side wiper went flying off the car. The blade came off of the connector and there was no way to fix that. Fortunately, the old blades were still around so I put them back on the car, and, since I saved my receipt, Meijer took them as a return.

I use the Rain X blades, I like them but I never even considered replacement inserts...they're very reasonable to begin with - I just buy new ones.

Most wiper manufacturers did away with inserts a long time ago. I have had the best luck with using OEM inserts (which can be found online for significantly less than dealer prices) or generic silicone inserts from eBay. In fact, I have a pair of the generic silicone inserts in the OEM blades on my Mazda3. They are at least six years old and still pliable and wiping clean.

Back