quaker state synthetic any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wondering if quaker state synthetic is any good? ive used mobile 1, but quaker state looks so much better! how about compared to valvoline synpower, or synthetic high mileage?

in what regard does it look "so much better"?

Optimal oils are application specific, only fully determined by full oil analysis.

If QS sells for the same price as M1, but isnt PAO/ester, it may not be worth the $$$ from a base materials/feedstock standpoint.

JMH

I believe he is refering to the packaging. I myself was very tempted to buy some of their oils many time for the clear bottles and good looking labels.

i was looking at the quaker state synthetic, in an autozone seel s for $5.99 a quart. the thing is, its a clear see through bottle. the oil looks darker, that lets say mobile 1 synthetic, which looks pure gold/amber colored. i had heard many times, that quakler state is refined oil, with a new additivepackage put in it, then sold on shelf.

Originally Posted By: PhoenixTL
Stop driking the Koolaid....Mobil IS NOT a Group 4 oil

Are you so sure? you work for XOM?, can you post proof?

0w40,0w20,TDT 5w40 could be,do we really know??? no!

Originally Posted By: steveh
I would use a group IV oil like mobil 1,Amsoil or GC.

+1 Dang old 2005 mentality thinkers!

N
Originally Posted By: daman

No I dont work for exxon....There are thousands of discussions on this site about M1....the "general" consensus is that iut is a blend of mostly group 3

N

No I dont work for exxon....There are thousands of discussions on this site about M1....the "general" consensus is that iut is a blend of mostly group 3

So with that you can come on and say legitimately and factual that it's not? who's passing the KA here?

i don't know,you don't know,we don't know so until "we know" i'd refrain from incorrect statements in the future. This site is about facts.

back on topic...

I ran 2 fills of QS- Torque Power that I got on sale at Wal-mart, in my LR3. Ran just as good as the M1 5w-30 and even the Castrol 0w-30. No scientific data, to back this up, but it was fine lugging around a 5,600LB truck with family and gear. The $3 a quart made it a real good choice!

Originally Posted By: typ901
I ran 2 fills of QS- Torque Power that I got on sale at Wal-mart, in my LR3. Ran just as good as the M1 5w-30 and even the Castrol 0w-30. No scientific data, to back this up, but it was fine lugging around a 5,600LB truck with family and gear. The $3 a quart made it a real good choice!

My buddy loves this oil in his Ranger,,it's good stuff nothing wrong with it,hard to find around here tho.

Originally Posted By: ziggy
wondering if quaker state synthetic is any good? ive used mobile 1, but quaker state looks so much better! how about compared to valvoline synpower, or synthetic high mileage?

I've used QS dino and syn for a long time. It's always served me well. However, despite being a QS guy, I have other oils in my stash that work just as well. When it comes down to it, I typically shop (or hunt) by price. SOPUS typically has a lot of rebates.

Also, and please take no offense, but I have to say that this question from a 5+ year member is quite surprising.

N

So with that you can come on and say legitimately and factual that it's not? who's passing the KA here?

i don't know,you don't know,we don't know so until "we know" i'd refrain from incorrect statements in the future. This site is about facts.

Mobil 1 is not a group 4 oil...do asearch there are many threads on the topic
back on topic...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back