2024 Coyote Oil Selection

ant

Trying to decide on the oil to use for my first oil change in a 2024 Mustang 5.0. I have a 2016 Mustang and have been using Pennzoil Ultra Platinum, but unfortunately this oil does not have the required Ford spec WSS-M2C961-A1. Some 5W30 oils being considered include:
  • Quaker State Ultimate Protection
  • Valvoline Advanced or EP or Restore & Protect
  • Castrol Edge
  • Motorcraft Full Synthetic
  • Motorcraft Synthetic Blend that is supposedly factory fill

Redline Euro 5w30 or HPL 5w30. Dealers choice there. (People know why I use redline, I’m honest about it.)

Other wise pick a major brand full synthetic 5w30.

I just traded my new Ranger Raptor for a 2024 Mustang GT Premium, performance package, magna ride, etc. and a check on their end. It will go nicely with my 2019 Bullitt edition.

Motorcraft full synthetic is fine. Just expensive because you’re paying the Ford mark up on P66 Shield Valor product essentially.

Valvoline Extended Protection or Quaker State Ultimate Protection. My Coyote loved both.

My two top suggestions well. I’ve been running the Valvoline EP and have really taken a liking to it. Strong add pack and a slightly higher HTHS (3.2) than many of the API ILSAC oils that carry the Ford spec.

We need pictures of the car now! 😍

FWIW, I know its apples and oranges... But when we ran our 4.0 Explorer, CASTROL EDGE EURO in a 0-40 gave us the best UOA results.
Same results in my Dads Ranger with the 4.0.

Honestly, I would run Rotella T6 in your application and never look back!

I've read that QSUP 5W30 is supposed to be GTL base, but the Shell portal doesn't even have the SDS available, and its not mentioned in the PDS. Is there anywhere else to look?

I've read that QSUP 5W30 is supposed to be GTL base, but the Shell portal doesn't even have the SDS available, and its not mentioned in the PDS. Is there anywhere else to look?
Quaker State is still using a GP 3 base stock I believe a higher quality gp3 you can’t take that for what’s its worth . PP and PUP are the only oils using GTL base stock they the golden child SOPUS .

Back