QSUD 10W30 In Honda ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by das_peikko
Originally Posted by 4WD
no readings, no theory, just noise about noise …
interesting this same company provides base stock for a couple dozen blenders too …

Just a description of my experience with the oil. An eyewitness account. I'm not saying people shouldn't buy it. I'm just saying I will never buy it again and will not recommend it.

Same here first jug i ran was one of the best oils in the engine(QR25DE Nissan), second trial was NG.. Why? IDK. May have been spec change or base intechange variability.
A couple years earlier, In the pennzoil camp i liked 10w30 HM and disliked SS 10w30.DEXOS.
Wifes subaru hatedand drank PP0w20, but tolerated QSUD 0w20.

Right now I'm not wild about Valvoline Advanced 0w20 in the Subaru FB as much as I LOVED it in 5w30 flavour in the Nissan.

Though something may be going on with her engine it is very loud where it didnt used to be..

Last edited:
Originally Posted by das_peikko
Just a description of my experience with the oil. An eyewitness account. I'm not saying people shouldn't buy it. I'm just saying I will never buy it again and will not recommend it.

You always did go on about noise under your previous screen name. Why would it be any different now?

OP here - I now plan to run the QSUD 10W30 in my Honda mower for a season then do an oil drain & fill with the same oil at the end of the season before storage for the winter ... So far , the QSUD 10W30 in the Honda runs well and the engine is not making any strange sounds - just runs smooth if not smoother than the oil that was originally in it from the factory .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back