Can I run auto 10w30 in a Kawasaki air cooled?

I’ve been buying a lot of fossil fuel burners lately, I ordered a husqvarna w520 with a Kawasaki FJB180v kai

It came with a little smoosh of oil in it, as it was shipped in a box. I went and grabbed some Casey’s brand 10w-30 for the initial break in of 8 hours. The problem I see is that the manual recommends API SF, SG, SH or SJ. The 10w30 I got is API SN, SP, SP plus etc.

I didn’t know if this is an issue. I have some amsoil 10w40 4 stroke power equipment oil coming in after the break in

Seems at, sf, sg, and sj oils are obsolete. Anything alphabetically higher supercedes

I guess it’s the same for CJ diesel oil. It’s all CK now

That sounds like a pretty good engine, with a cast iron liner and pressurized oiling system.
28D7CEB6-3433-4965-9ABE-58EEAD89A490.jpeg

IIWM it would get a high mileage 10w-30 syn. I have used Valvoline HM in my current OPE. The push mower is 20 years old, started on first pull this spring. The rider is a spring chicken in comparison. YMMV

I have run 10W30 in whatever brand I got a deal on at the time in the Kawasaki in my Deere for years.
Everything from the Castrol synblend that I got on clearance for 76 cents/quart, down to the Citgo Full syn that I picked up for 49 cents/quart with a MIR. Still going strong after 16 years.
Also, SN and SP are the new standard, and basically replaces the earlier standards.
Just use price as a criterion for any grade appropriate API rated oil.
It'll be fine.

Back