Purposely door dinged. Cops involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always park as far away from the store as possible. Probably about where this camera is sitting.

Target+on+Broadway+Easter+033113+Photo+by+Ken+Carr.JPG

Originally Posted By: FordBroncoVWJeta
Originally Posted By: Crispysea
I used to work at WM. Worst clientele in retail, hands down. Rude, dirty, thieving, arrogant. I once had a whole family come up to me dressed in Neo-Nazi symbols. They were anything but genetically perfect!
Most people I have ever worked with at Walmart is just trying to make an honest dollar for their family. Some though are really just scum bags. I would agree that there are a lot of scumbags at walmart, luckily 75% of the guys are awesome.

The whole Neo-Nazi thing. They are people too, they shop where we shop. In the mid-west. Some places just have a Walmart. Where its cheap and lots of items. That brings in a HUGE amount of people from rich, to the poor. In this case Neo-Nazi's. The other day, I seen a neo-nazi at TacoBell. I know, not the most classy place in the world. I honestly believe these people just slept through history class, and was awake for the good parts of nazism. I mean, does anyone that has paid attention in history class actually think highly of a guy rolling around with a swastika on his head?

Mods please do not lock this post
smile.gif

Taco Bell'sNacho cheese chalupas,YUM!! When I crave fast food,it's either those or Texas T Brand Tacos at Dairy Queen!!

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
I always park as far away from the store as possible. Probably about where this camera is sitting.

Same here,that's exactly what I do!! Plus I enjoy the walk.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
Originally Posted By: HorseThief
That sucks... Otherwise, if you don't mind me asking - you're a student who works at Walmart.... So how and why do you drive a new vehicle? How do you justify it financially? Or pay for it for that matter...

Man, I just don't ask people questions like that.

+1 ... I agree ... There are questions you just don't ask because it's rude to ask such questions and more importantly, it's none of your business.

Originally Posted By: Tony10s
Originally Posted By: HorseThief
That sucks... Otherwise, if you don't mind me asking - you're a student who works at Walmart.... So how and why do you drive a new vehicle? How do you justify it financially? Or pay for it for that matter...

+1 ... I agree ... There are questions you just don't ask because it's rude to ask such questions and more importantly, it's none of your business.

While I also agree somewhat, the internet makes people keyboard warriors and questions that would be off limits in person become easy to ask. On the face of it, it would seem like it's a bad financial decision, but it's not like the OP is stuck there for life, sounds like it's just a college job so it's fine.

As for suing the guy in small claims, I suppose it's possible if you'd like the money. Normally you never get back stuff like the time spent getting things fixed from insurance claims.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I'm very proud of him for going to school,working,and paying for his own brand new vehicle. He seems like a very mature,responsible,and hard working guy.

+1000 ... From what I have read in his posts, he seems to be a fine, upstanding man ... very mature, ambitious, hard-working, etc.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4

It was that far, and on the side of the building! Believe me, I hate door dings as much as the next guy. This luckily was my first one, and a crazy one too.

Agreed. It doesn't matter if he's driving a barely functioning Geo or the rarest McLaren in North America with $1000 per month payment for the next two thousand months. None of that is the point.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I commend you for your self control. You handled it better than what I would've. I would've snapped his neck,or best case,punched out his windshield. He would've been going to the hospital instead of home. An accident is one thing,but this scum bag deserved no mercy. That dude is either really brave or just plain stupid.

There are mentally defective people out there. You never know what someone you don't know is capable of. In some cases even the people you do know, can surprise you. If he had succeeded in giving him the beating he deserved, he might be sitting in jail facing aggravated assault charges. OR, if the dirtbag were capable, the OP might be seriously wounded or dead.

It sounds like this imbecile will be facing consequences for his actions.

Small claims might not be worth your time, OP. Even if you win a judgement, you still have to collect. A dirtbag like this guy, likely won't pay.

Good luck with getting it resolved.

You did the right thing but not worth the time, effort, cost to take him to court over mileage, etc. Hit 'em in the wallet and hopefully for his negligence, his insurance cost will go up.

Originally Posted By: FordBroncoVWJeta
Originally Posted By: incognito_2u
........Is Kansas a "no fault" state in regards to MV incidents?
I think it depends if its intentional/ act of god. He did it purposely/negligent. Which is criminal.

Can you post a picture of the damage ?

Originally Posted By: Trav
How can you watch that and not bounce his face of the truck a few times? I don't get it.

I wear a gun. Many of us out there these days.
Ever try bouncing a face, they having a conceal carry permit? Good luck attempting that.

Member FordBroncoVWJetta did the smart thing not going face-to-face with the truck owner.

Last edited:
Had a similar situation, drunk guy punched my car, damaged quarter panel, rocker and gas door. While the cops were right there, they refused to charge the guy. All they did was take a report. He did almost $2000 damage to my car, which is in the Felony range in Florida.

I was never able to collect, and the guy and his lawyer simply stopped responding to our requests. He lost in court and still refused to pay. At this point, I could go to court again and get a judgement, for example, a lien against his house, for $1790. Unfortunately, I'll be dead before he sells his house, and I'll never collect.

What a waste of my time and effort.

MAKE SURE THE GUY GETS CHARGED, PERIOD. Because, you may have zero real world recourse.

How can you watch that and not bounce his face of the truck a few times? I don't get it.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Ever try bouncing a face, they having a conceal carry permit? Good luck attempting that.

Member FordBroncoVWJetta did the smart thing not going face-to-face with the truck owner.

I carry. When the drunk guy damaged my car by punching it in a frantic rage, I did draw my 45 while I sat safely inside. He tried breaking the window and gaining access without success. Had he broken the window, and come inside, he would have been perforated.

As long as I was safe, there was zero need for me to kill anyone, regardless of how they behave drunk.

I absolutely, positively do not want to injure or kill anyone. Especially over what is a relatively minor incident.

Last edited:
Yeah, you did not deserve that -- may you & the A-hole both learn a lesson from this. Hopefully everything works out in the positive end for you. In one point, luckily you came out when you did to catch the shady dude. I HATE those tiny parking places most stores provide to start with.

Get a copy of the police report.

If the guy was charged with a crime you can seek money through the criminal court which is way easier than civil court. For example the guy may be given the option to make you whole as part of a plea bargain in which he otherwise gets a slap on the wrist. Stay in contact with the cops, they may have a victim advocate.

However many auto insurance policies only cover negligence not stuff that happens during the commission of a crime. You might not get too far with "his" insurance though your own may not only be helpful, but might require you to report incidents/ accidents at-fault OR NOT, so read your policy.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en

I did kinda to face to face. He was less than 10ft away doing that to my car.

Guns? In Kansas you must be 21 for a handgun. I'm too young, but that doesn't mean I don't carry long arms in the car. If that guy would have gotten hostile, a 1980s 12G Winchester model 12 would have come out of the trunk.

BTW the reason my gun never got pulled was because he NEVER threatened me. I didn't want to go to jail over this guy.

Also he had his son with him, I'm guessing in like 4-7 grade. I felt bad for the kid.

Notice,it always happens with new vehicles? Buy an old one,and nobody will bother it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back