Purolator tears self induced?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see jk_36's point. And I agree. Until it tears on me I won't judge it unfit cuz they haven't yet and they provide the best effiencey anyway. Better than fram or any of the others. 99.9%
If it has been continuously successful in an individuals applications it is working fine.

Originally Posted By: Mrsandman
I see jk_36's point. And I agree. Until it tears on me I won't judge it unfit cuz they haven't yet and they provide the best effiencey anyway. Better than fram or any of the others. 99.9%
If it has been continuously successful in an individuals applications it is working fine.
The footnote only lists the PL30001 monster sized can as 99.9% @20 microns. The two filters I use for a Toyota and Nissan say 99.9% @40 microns on the box.

Yep Purolator hasdifferent ratings for each filter.

I contacted Fram personally and their Ultras and Tough guards are all at least 99% @20 microns some are 99.9% depending on the model. Of course they post the lowest rating as average to play it safe

Also when you properly use tin snips there's no possibility of touching the filter, at least the way I do it is by removing the gasket and cutting around the seam, which is very far from the area that would tear. It only takes one small snip across the seam and you're in and done in a few passes.

Is it possible that ALL the reported Purolator tears have been debunked by Skanky's hypothesis? If I had to answer this question, I would say: probably not. I honestly believe that the tears reported by ZeeOSix, 2010_FX4, and others are tears that occurred in service.

For those who have used Purolator Classic and P1 (and Bosch Premium) filters and are still using them without any issues, then good for you. Hopefully no issues will occur in the future.

Would you two guys keep eating at a place that had over 70 reported cases of food poisoning? Or would you think everyone was just making it up to get some attention and just keep eating there until you got sick yourself? Hummm, I think I already know the answer. LoL
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

Would you two guys keep eating at a place that had over 70 reported cases of food poisoning? Or would you think everyone was just making it up to get some attention and just keep eating there until you got sick yourself? Hummm, I think I already know the answer. LoL
smile.gif

I used to know someone who said that if you don't believe something will happen to you, then it won't .... and that if you don't want to get sick, then you will never get sick. Needless to say, I didn't put much stock in what he said.

Now if someone is using Purolator Classic and P1 filters and they have never seen a tear, then more power to them. I hope it continues that way. BUT, if they ever experience a tear, then I think their viewpoint will probably change. Hopefully this will not happen.

smile.gif

What if it is the Purolator factory cafeteria?

Originally Posted By: Tony10s

smile.gif

I used to know someone who said that if you don't believe something will happen to you, then it won't .... and that if you don't want to get sick, then you will never get sick. Needless to say, I didn't put much stock in what he said.

Now if someone is using Purolator Classic and P1 filters and they have never seen a tear, then more power to them. I hope it continues that way. BUT, if they ever experience a tear, then I think their viewpoint will probably change. Hopefully this will not happen.

It might change, maybe not. But for sure they would never ever admit that it happened to them. Too much crow to eat.

Originally Posted By: Nate1979

smile.gif

What if it is the Purolator factory cafeteria?

Could be serving up some rotten crow at the Purolator cafe'.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: jk_636
All the filters that should have exploded and destroyed my engine years ago? Oh wait...I forgot that the only time evidence on here is empirical is when you are the one who provides it.

Failed filters don't necessarily destroy engines, or even correlate with them. A filter could essentially be an assembled canister with no media whatsoever, and almost every time, no one would be none the wiser. And that wouldn't destroy an engine. But, it sure as heck wouldn't be an oil filter.

If I find a tear I would post it. And when I don't find a tear I am going to tear it and label it as self torn and post it as well hahaha... I don't like the pure pleat seam or over packed media design SO I WONT BUY ANYMORE. Because I think the design lends itself to high dP (cold oil ) tears. One thing I do like about you guys is you some of you can tell if an oil filter has plugged by looking at it, NOT!!!!!

Originally Posted By: Skanky
And ZeeOsix your a real piece of work. Not smart just a smart [censored]. Same thing for you Nate1979 couple douchebags. He moderator cancel my registration Fthis place...

Keep acting like that and you'll get banned pretty fast ... maybe that's what you want/need. Guess you're a bit perturbed because someone disagrees with you. Seems you don't have what it takes to hang on chat boards. Best wash the sand out and have a cool one ... maybe you had too many already. Oh well, have another! LoL

Originally Posted By: FutureDoc

^^^ I would be cafeful with that statement. jk_636 has been the poster-child of blind fanboyism in the face of empirical evidence. Read around on some of the torn filter threads before you hook your name to his/hers.

Empirical evidence? You mean all the filters I have posted that are tear free? All the Purolator products I have used that havent failed? All the filters that should have exploded and destroyed my engine years ago? Oh wait...I forgot that the only time evidence on here is empirical is when you are the one who provides it.

It isn't blind fanboyism to support a product that has never failed you. It is absurd however, to "caution" a member to not "hook" their name to anothers. Grow up and get a life. This school yard nonsense has got to stop.

Skanky, no one here should be cautioned against engaging in conversation to any member on this site. This site is here for enthusiasts of all sides to come together and discuss/debate the merits or flaws of automotive products. Those that advocate ostracising other members are nothing more than petty, arrogant or just plain dumb. If we all agreed this site would be a terribly boring place. Imagine, we would all just be sitting around, talking about nothing but how great Fram Ultras...I mean...wait a second...
02.gif

Yes, when dozens and dozens of BITOG members report a similar failure with pictures to the point where someone actually keeps track of the failure as evidence... yes, that is the definition of empirical evidence! We are observing and recording a phenomenon!

Quote:
Empirical evidence is information acquired by observation or experimentation. This data is recorded.

More over, you constant push those with failed filters towards ad absurdum arguments. No one claims that the engine failed, but rather that paying money for a filter that does not filter is... well, a waste. I would not buy an oil that does not protect my engine or buy mosquitoes spray that does not repel mosquitoes. A torn filter is a failed filter and I am not buying a product that can not do what it only designed is intended to do.

We are not claiming that every filter fails. Some filters are more prone to failure (cans with metal seams, particularly for import models) but other filters have failed too. This is what the data record (ie the spreadsheet) allows us to determine. Meanwhile, you dismiss and defend the product in the face of documented failure after failure. You distort Purolator's language and suggest that it was the "operators" error for going over 3K miles on the filter which is contrary to the entire industry. You keep pushing the "frampire" argument (which obviously does not apply to me). Thus, you obsession with defending and promoting a particular brand (purolator) to the point of obsession becomes the exact definition of a "fanboy". Thus, any "new-ish" member to the site that says your ideas are reasonable should be warned that they are linking themselves to a discredited/minority opinion linked to obsessed and biased opinion. However, the response provided by the op suggest that fanboys cluster anyways.

And ZeeOsix your a real piece of work. Not smart just a smart [censored]. Same thing for you Nate1979 couple douchebags. He moderator cancel my registration Fthis place...

The filter section is a waste of time these days. Filled with trolls of past banned members, fanboys, etc. Hate towards certain brands, pulling up old threads to bash a brand, blaming everything but the failed product with false info.

Originally Posted By: Nate1979
The filter section is a waste of time these days. Filled with trolls of past banned members, fanboys, etc. Hate towards certain brands, pulling up old threads to bash a brand, blaming everything but the failed product with false info.

Hey, car51 is C&P a lot of good filter threads.

But I agree that the trolls are active (unfortunately).

^^^ I would be cafeful with that statement. jk_636 has been the poster-child of blind fanboyism in the face of empirical evidence. Read around on some of the torn filter threads before you hook your name to his/hers.

Empirical evidence? You mean all the filters I have posted that are tear free? All the Purolator products I have used that havent failed? All the filters that should have exploded and destroyed my engine years ago? Oh wait...I forgot that the only time evidence on here is empirical is when you are the one who provides it.

It isn't blind fanboyism to support a product that has never failed you. It is absurd however, to "caution" a member to not "hook" their name to anothers. Grow up and get a life. This school yard nonsense has got to stop.

Skanky, no one here should be cautioned against engaging in conversation to any member on this site. This site is here for enthusiasts of all sides to come together and discuss/debate the merits or flaws of automotive products. Those that advocate ostracising other members are nothing more than petty, arrogant or just plain dumb. If we all agreed this site would be a terribly boring place. Imagine, we would all just be sitting around, talking about nothing but how great Fram Ultras...I mean...wait a second...
02.gif

Yes, when dozens and dozens of BITOG members report a similar failure with pictures to the point where someone actually keeps track of the failure as evidence... yes, that is the definition of empirical evidence! We are observing and recording a phenomenon!

Quote:
Empirical evidence is information acquired by observation or experimentation. This data is recorded.

More over, you constant push those with failed filters towards ad absurdum arguments. No one claims that the engine failed, but rather that paying money for a filter that does not filter is... well, a waste. I would not buy an oil that does not protect my engine or buy mosquitoes spray that does not repel mosquitoes. A torn filter is a failed filter and I am not buying a product that can not do what it only designed is intended to do.

We are not claiming that every filter fails. Some filters are more prone to failure (cans with metal seams, particularly for import models) but other filters have failed too. This is what the data record (ie the spreadsheet) allows us to determine. Meanwhile, you dismiss and defend the product in the face of documented failure after failure. You distort Purolator's language and suggest that it was the "operators" error for going over 3K miles on the filter which is contrary to the entire industry. You keep pushing the "frampire" argument (which obviously does not apply to me). Thus, you obsession with defending and promoting a particular brand (purolator) to the point of obsession becomes the exact definition of a "fanboy". Thus, any "new-ish" member to the site that says your ideas are reasonable should be warned that they are linking themselves to a discredited/minority opinion linked to obsessed and biased opinion. However, the response provided by the op suggest that fanboys cluster anyways.

01.gif

This is what they want. It's what they set out to do. Badger and badmouth you and argue until they can get you to leave or say something they can go to the moderators with to get you banned.
Don't let them. You were openminded and have been using your puros. Anything short of reporting a total fail with purolator will make you a target. They have an agenda to cram fram filters into everyone's Minds. Zeeo=motorking?????

You are spot on in the fact that using and defending Purolators and not conforming to the given order has made me a target. I have already been suspended twice for "bashing Fram filters" in a forum that is designed to talk about oil filters. But certain people can run their mouths ad nauseam and do all but incite riots without fear of reprisal or discipline. My filters haven't torn, so obviously I am the problem. Makes sense.

Just an observation.

And I'm not sure what you mean by the zee=motorking comment though...are you suggesting they are the same person? If so, you should know they definitely are not the same person.

You are spot on in the fact that using and defending Purolators and not conforming to the given order has made me a target. I have already been suspended twice for "bashing Fram filters" in a forum that is designed to talk about oil filters. But certain people can run their mouths ad nauseam and do all but incite riots without fear of reprisal or discipline. My filters haven't torn, so obviously I am the problem. Makes sense.

Just an observation.

And I'm not sure what you mean by the zee=motorking comment though...are you suggesting they are the same person? If so, you should know they definitely are not the same person.

No lol I was suggesting that zero works for fram as well. A representative even if it's just for a bone here and there lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back