Lightly used Motorcraft FL-2051s

This is from my 2011 Ford F550 6.7 Powerstroke. Only has 37000 kms on it. This oil filter was only in use for 2000 kms / 80 hours. But it was in use for over 2 years. Oil used was some Klondike 15w40. This truck barely gets used hence the low mileage. But it recently changed from being a tool used to rarely tow a trailer to a daily driven work truck. So I wanted to freshen up the maintenance on it. A new motorcraft FL2124 (the 2051 replacement) and some schaeffers 5w40 full synthetic went in along with new fuel filters and will have a much longer interval.

Attachments

• IMG_5098.jpeg
    IMG_5098.jpeg
    206.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_5100.jpeg
    IMG_5100.jpeg
    133.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_5103.jpeg
    IMG_5103.jpeg
    56.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_5104.jpeg
    IMG_5104.jpeg
    202.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_5105.jpeg
    IMG_5105.jpeg
    193.8 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5106.jpeg
    IMG_5106.jpeg
    182.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_5111.jpeg
    IMG_5111.jpeg
    250.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_5112.jpeg
    IMG_5112.jpeg
    269 KB · Views: 30
The pics of the media spread out. Which one is from this filter? Both? The top one is quite black. 🤣 Motorcraft went to a different part number for the 6.7L?
I long for a 550 & a triple slide truck camper.

The pics of the media spread out. Which one is from this filter? Both? The top one is quite black. 🤣 Motorcraft went to a different part number for the 6.7L?
I long for a 550 & a triple slide truck camper.
That’s from the same filter. These seem to be a dual layer filter. The outer layer is very thin and see through. We were using this tool of a truck to tow a telehandler. Now I just pay the bigger guys to move it. When it wasn’t towing that it was used to tow a big fifth wheel with a boat behind that. Quite a long unit at times. The look on peoples faces when you pass them with that….. priceless. The truck is tuned and deleted with a big turbo.

That’s from the same filter. These seem to be a dual layer filter. The outer layer is very thin and see through. We were using this tool of a truck to tow a telehandler. Now I just pay the bigger guys to move it. When it wasn’t towing that it was used to tow a big fifth wheel with a boat behind that. Quite a long unit at times. The look on peoples faces when you pass them with that….. priceless. The truck is tuned and deleted with a big turbo.
It almost appears to be like the thin layer of media fuel separator but that is a wild guess & highly doubtful. Yes, "triple towing" is legal in the US state I'm from (Missouri) & see the same as you with folks towing their boats behind their 5th wheel RV. Although you have a 1st year powerstroke I feel like it will go down in history much like the 7.3L did.

Ford didn't want to lose anymore money by having a poor reputation. That being said I've done well with my low reputation 6.0L. 🤣 I've put 28k on since I bought it & just a few minor replacements. Recently the in tank fuel level sending unit (Float rod) & glow plug relay module. That's basically it but the prior owner did have to do the EGR cooler & Oil cooler. It's no 550 but I do throw 4,400lbs of Truck Camper in the bed regularly. The 6.7L is on a whole other level though. (y)

Back