Ford 6.7 Powerstroke code P1558?

Anyone familiar with this code P1558?

2014 Ford F550 6.7 Powerstroke with 41,650 miles.

Something about injector timing on #8?

Changed fuel filters to rule that out, but still came back.

Truck is at shop for 3rd upper oil pan leak repair. Check engine light came on a couple weeks ago. Shop going to look at it as well.

Appreciate all the info from you all. Very much appreciated.

Thanks.

P1558 - Cylinder 8 Injector Circuit Range/Performance

Description:This DTC sets when the output of the fuel injector circuits are not within a calibrated limit.
Possible Causes:
  • Fuel injector, power circuit open
  • Fuel injector, power circuit short to ground
  • Fuel injector, ground circuit open
  • Fuel injector, ground circuit short to voltage
  • Damaged fuel injector

P1558 - Cylinder 8 Injector Circuit Range/Performance

Description:This DTC sets when the output of the fuel injector circuits are not within a calibrated limit.
Possible Causes:
  • Fuel injector, power circuit open
  • Fuel injector, power circuit short to ground
  • Fuel injector, ground circuit open
  • Fuel injector, ground circuit short to voltage
  • Damaged fuel injector

Thank you sir.

Only 41k on that 2014?

In the thread they mention that they replaced the injector but in reality it's not needed if the truck runs normal. Also mentioned how not driving it often enough could be the cause. But if it runs normal just ignore it. Don't see injector replacement being worth it this early on.

Only 41k on that 2014?

In the thread they mention that they replaced the injector but in reality it's not needed if the truck runs normal. Also mentioned how not driving it often enough could be the cause. But if it runs normal just ignore it. Don't see injector replacement being worth it this early on.

Yes, it is a class C motorhome. Throughout its life I've driven at least every 2 months (average). Driving it with the check engine I didn't notice limp mode, etc. and regened fine. Since at shop, hopefully a ground rather than a new injector. Maybe need to drive once a month going forward for exercise? Will keep updated. Thanks all.

Yes, it is a class C motorhome. Throughout its life I've driven at least every 2 months (average). Driving it with the check engine I didn't notice limp mode, etc. and regened fine. Since at shop, hopefully a ground rather than a new injector. Maybe need to drive once a month going forward for exercise? Will keep updated. Thanks all.
Yeah it might go away with time. I'd just drive it as is.

Yeah it might go away with time. I'd just drive it as is.

Actually deleted and came back on. Replaced fuel filters (both) to eliminate that causing it (fuel flow). Have deleted twice and came back on while driving to shop. Hoping for the best on both repairs.

So I am curious as to how they will repair the upper oil pan leak.

The guy on powerstokehelp.com says the engine needs to come out. Others said remove the transmission and it can be done leaving the engine in the truck.

Actually deleted and came back on. Replaced fuel filters (both) to eliminate that causing it (fuel flow). Have deleted twice and came back on while driving to shop. Hoping for the best on both repairs.
I know that clearing the code won't make the code go away as if it were "fixed" but giving it a workout to maybe make it no longer see itself as having an issue will work. I had a code that wouldn't go away on my 03 sierra when clearing it after taking it out of storage in 2015 with 34k miles and it went away after being driven a lot. Some things just need to be used a lot to get them to work properly again.

I know that clearing the code won't make the code away as if it were "fixed" but giving it a workout to maybe make it no longer see itself having an issue will work. I had a code that wouldn't go away on my 03 sierra when clearing it after taking it out of storage in 2015 with 34k miles and it went away after being driven a lot. Some things just need to be used a lot to get them to work properly again.

Got back from a 250 mile trip and came on after refueling. Hard to believe bad fuel would cause that? Will find out. Had to drive it 100 miles to the Ford Truck center (not a lot of dealers have the lift). Came on again while heading out to dealer, so left it for them to see. Will keep thread updated on it. Have a great night all.

The guy on powerstokehelp.com says the engine needs to come out. Others said remove the transmission and it can be done leaving the engine in the truck.

however it is done, a powerstroke in a van has to be the most difficult thing to work on Ford ever produced. the pickup trucks with the PS are bad enough..

Not related to the topic, but your post: Bill Hewitt from Powerstrokehelp passed away last week. I really enjoyed his videos and once you took everything with a grain of salt and realized he just wanted people to have reliable trucks.

Not related to the topic, but your post: Bill Hewitt from Powerstrokehelp passed away last week. I really enjoyed his videos and once you took everything with a grain of salt and realized he just wanted people to have reliable trucks.
I sent him an email maybe 10 days ago asking if Mobil branded diesel with it's superior additives negated the need for Archoil. He said he did not have any Mobil stations in his area so he was not sure. Actually it's Mobil or Exxon diesel that has superior additives.

Had not heard he passed away. How awful. ****...

Oh no !!! Thank you for the info

You have an electronic problem. Changing fuel filters and what not will not help.

Someone needs to check and make sure the injector is receiving proper power and ground signals and there isn't an intermittent problem with a broken wire, bad ground, etc. If that checks out, it is likely the crystal piezo stack inside the injector is failing. This is not uncommon but they do tend to last longer than ~40k miles. They are very susceptible to water damage however, if the engine has even been power washed or anything of that nature.

You have an electronic problem. Changing fuel filters and what not will not help.

Someone needs to check and make sure the injector is receiving proper power and ground signals and there isn't an intermittent problem with a broken wire, bad ground, etc. If that checks out, it is likely the crystal piezo stack inside the injector is failing. This is not uncommon but they do tend to last longer than ~40k miles. They are very susceptible to water damage however, if the engine has even been power washed or anything of that nature.

Appreciate the info. Thank you. Will let you know what dealer says/finds. As of yesterday, dealer has not gotten to it. They said 5-7 business days when I dropped off. Hate leaving my vehicles at the dealership, but they have a 4 month wait to even drop off.

Dealer called and found out it is a bad injector. Also said brake boost pump is leaking. Ford apparently closed my case for inactivity on upper oil pan (even though I said it would be 4 months to get an appointment). Got it reopened today (1-2 days for dealer to see case from Ford).

Back