Purolator Boss efficiency information here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
I'm still waiting on my paychecks, i should be the top paid Frampire right?

I like the fact you got the info. Thanks for that, good job, almost anyway. WHERE the info comes from is a little important. Not everything, but kinda cool to have.

I'm just questioning the source, not you.

Looking into Fram's relative openness and quality of their website for 4548-12 info, FramUltra wins, PuroBoss loses.

Assuming 901Memphis's 32 micron figure is right, Ultra beats them anyway.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
stop wondering and use a better filter from a better filter company...Its a no brainer

The whole point was to find out if this might (or might not) be the better filter.

My whole take on it is that I like to know what's what, and now I know. I am just glad we have a source of information period, and I do think the information is reliable and true.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
LoL ... I smell trolls. It's pretty funny when people claim members here are getting paid to point out what anyone who is up on and interested in filters would do anyway.

It's pretty obvious that many here know what filter efficiency is about, and if the information is hidden or marketed in a weaselly manner, then something is being hidden for a reason. Transparency on a products performance goes a long way.

Zee are you still peddling those cardboard junk oil filters?

I'm still waiting on my paychecks, i should be the top paid Frampire right?

Don't deny all the perks and incentives you guys receive from your Fram masters! I'm still waiting on my check. Every time someone uses my intellectual property "the term frampire" I should be receiving a royalty.

Originally Posted By: jk_636
LoL ... I smell trolls. It's pretty funny when people claim members here are getting paid to point out what anyone who is up on and interested in filters would do anyway.

It's pretty obvious that many here know what filter efficiency is about, and if the information is hidden or marketed in a weaselly manner, then something is being hidden for a reason. Transparency on a products performance goes a long way.

Zee are you still peddling those cardboard junk oil filters?

Your biased viewpoint is obvious. Did you come back to embarrass yourself some more? LoL
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: steveh
http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/Internet-shill

So its likley that these frampires(thanks jk_636 FOR THE TERM LOL, FREE OF CHARGE THOUGH) are not actually being paid all that well then?
I gotta say in that case that they are certainly earning their money lol. They should get a raise actually.
Better yet they should go out and earn more honest money. or find a way to earn money on the side with integrety if thats what their doing. That would give them a sense of usefullness.
Anyway its shamefull what their doing.

You are a brand new user here so by doing the things you're doing everything assumes your a multi of someone else like jk_36's so good job

You are a brand new user here so by doing the things you're doing everything assumes your a multi of someone else like jk_36's so good job

Thats not the case. But nice try

A better filter would be most filters made by Wix or possibly an ultra and as for the company come on they never admitted there was a problem and they are still not talking about flow rate. Hello!

Maybe some truth to that but Jay has been pretty truthful and has some good points..
Im not a fram lover at all but i do use some of their ultras and will be cutting a couple open in the summer and will post it all..

Probably just a "sandy" banned troll returning.

Originally Posted By: Manofsteel

So its likley that these frampires(thanks jk_636 FOR THE TERM LOL, FREE OF CHARGE THOUGH) are not actually being paid all that well then?
I gotta say in that case that they are certainly earning their money lol. They should get a raise actually.
Better yet they should go out and earn more honest money. or find a way to earn money on the side with integrety if thats what their doing. That would give them a sense of usefullness.

LoL ... I think aluminum foil is on sale at Walmart.

LoL ... I think aluminum foil is on sale at Walmart.

Lol yep Iseen it for sale right next to the fram oil filters.

Could it be that may of you are laboring under the false assumption that the Purolator Boss was designed to be a better filter? What if it were really designed with the intent to lower manufacturing costs, as appears to be the case?

Originally Posted By: Astro_Guy
Could it be that may of you are laboring under the false assumption that the Purolator Boss was designed to be a better filter? What if it were really designed with the intent to lower manufacturing costs, as appears to be the case?

Costs are always important, to any filter maker. Purolator's strategy appears to be to tell the buying public this is the best filter you can buy, deceiving them, and NOT showing actual performance measures. The buying public is uninformed, and they like that.

Fortunately, we can point out the differences here and blow their strategy.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
Its all a big secret with that crew... With those very small oil holes on the center tube its amazing they get any flow at all... Either way this is a filter i will never use again..
Thank you for the info even know its all unofficial.. I will stick with Wix and Fram ultra for a quality filter.

I've said this quite a few times, and I'll say it again: Purolator is not the first or only company using this style of center tube. I Know from first hand experience that the Fram Ultra filters for both Cummins 5.9/6.7 and Powerstroke 7.3 use the exact style of center tube.

I agree that there is an online marketing and propaganda initiative being executed by fram.
Ive seen the motorking or J Buckley guy all over online. Doing what it appears he has trained his pet monkies here to do for him.
Its apparently working well for them.

Stop wearing your butt as a hat.

Thousands of companies that sell automotive products have reps that come onto many internet forums to provide customer service. There's nothing new about it, and most people appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back