Purolator Boss PBL20195, One PL20195 Specification Sheet

Most of the population have no clue about the amount of physiology corporations use through all available means to get you to buy their product. The best manipulators win. This is just a tiny sample/summary of ways and sources of information. It's REALLY fascinating and with the internet it's a whole new level of manipulation.
Good read! There is a lot of $$$ behind this behavior analysis & I've been duped like the rest of us when I was younger. It wasn't until I started my own business that I became really aware of the "Selling tactics" employed & started to learn about its effects.

The part I read in that article

"they found that visitors who had been primed on money (the website’s background was green with pennies on it) looked at price information longer than those who had been primed on safety."

They disregarded safety to focus on money.. :oops: Throw in the fact that my Adblock is no longer blocking Youtube ads...I'm screwed. :ROFLMAO: I better lock up the debit cards & only leave the house with $20. On a serious note I've told my wife for years now that we may be low income but I refuse to be uneducated.

No, that was a factual statement. Only you and Purolator themselves is calling the Boss a premium filter considering the filtration efficiency. Who else is doing so?
Wix once claimed their XP had "proprietary efficiency" and would not tell anyone what it was. A guy on the Wix Tech Line in a phone call actually told me that, lol. That was after they showed it was 50% @ 20u on their website, then removed the efficiency info. Some people may think it's super special if it has "proprietary efficiency" ... like so good it has to be kept top secret. 😄

Wix once claimed their XP had "proprietary efficiency" and would not tell anyone what it was. A guy on the Wix Tech Line in a phone call actually told me that, lol. That was after they showed it was 50% @ 20u on their website, then removed the efficiency info. Some people may think it's super special if it has "proprietary efficiency" ... like so good it has to be kept top secret. 😄
Well proprietary doesn't mean "good" or "exceptional" it just means they don't want to tell you. Sometimes that is because they are guarding intellectual property but sometimes it means something else.

Kind of like calling something "premium".

Wix acting like they are guarding a spice rub recipe for pork spareribs… :LOL:

By the way…. My own “ proprietary “ pork spareribs rub mix has 14 ingredients…. And it’s pretty darn good too I might add.

Attachments

• IMG_0384.jpeg
    IMG_0384.jpeg
    236.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Well proprietary doesn't mean "good" or "exceptional" it just means they don't want to tell you. Sometimes that is because they are guarding intellectual property but sometimes it means something else.

Kind of like calling something "premium".
Yeah, I know. I was being sarcastic (hence the laughing emoji) that some people may think it's super special with "propitiatory efficiency". Of course I didn't fall for that, and when I asked him why it was "propitiatory" he wouldn't give any reason ... as we know why.

Yeah, I know. I was being sarcastic (hence the laughing emoji) that some people may think it's super special with "propitiatory efficiency". Of course I didn't fall for that, and when I asked him why it was "propitiatory" he wouldn't give any reason ... as we know why.

You know…

I knew you were being sarcastic…

I’m not that dull Zee…. Well not today anyway… :LOL:

I was adding on to what you were saying.

My proprietary rub is seriously… darn, darn good in my opinion.

Here on a ribeye I made this past Friday…

Attachments

• IMG_0394.jpeg
    IMG_0394.jpeg
    183.3 KB · Views: 4
You know…

Come on man ... give up the specs ! 😄

My “ proprietary “ rub has Lawrys Seasoning salt, Woodstock organic brown sugar with molasses, garlic powder, onion powder, a touch of cayenne, fresh ground black pepper, Mexican Chile powder, mustard powder, coriander, Louisiana Fry Cajun blackened seasoning, onion pieces, garlic pieces, oregano and Cumin…

I’m not sharing the ratio and amounts of all of these… But I would recommend a 3: 1 ratio on the brown sugar to salt…

@fantastic

Which email address did you use to request these spec sheets? I've sent a couple of requests lately but haven't received a response. If you request any more, could you ask for the spec sheet for the PurolatorOne PL14460?
@twX "We do not offer L14460 and PL14460 any longer. These filters have been moved to L14459 family in 2022. We never offered a PBL14460 filter."

Let me know if you want the PL14459 specs.

• Helpful
Reactions: twX
You know…

I'm afraid I'll have to visit you to make me dinner. Love me some good cooking. :LOL:

I'm afraid I'll have to visit you to make me dinner. Love me some good cooking. :LOL:

I appreciate that.

Man I can hold my own…. I can kick some serious rear end at times… Lots and lots of making things for years and years.

Even simply smoked hotdogs are extremely good Those anre about as good as campfire hotdogs.

Smoking a spiral ham is doggone awesome too.

"We do not offer L14460 and PL14460 any longer. These filters have been moved to L14459 family in 2022. We never offered a PBL14460 filter."
Thanks. It's unfortunate that they're consolidating to the PL14459. I did manage to get the data sheet for the PL14459 a while back, and apparently it's only got a cellulose media rated at 40 micron, and a much lower bypass pressure than the PL14460. I'll post the data sheet for it and a few other PurolatorOne filters for Subarus in a new thread in case anybody is interested in them.

Thanks. It's unfortunate that they're consolidating to the PL14459. I did manage to get the data sheet for the PL14459 a while back, and apparently it's only got a cellulose media rated at 40 micron, and a much lower bypass pressure than the PL14460. I'll post the data sheet for it and a few other PurolatorOne filters for Subarus in a new thread in case anybody is interested in them.
Absolutely, Any info you can share is great & will help others with that particular filter!

Last edited:
Whether a filter can go 20,000 miles is irrelevant when it has the filtration efficiency of a tennis racket. I would rather use the Purolator One and change it halfway through.
Grab that individual filter's spec sheet to help guide your buying decision. (y) :) (y)

Back