Purolator Boss efficiency information here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said I have given everyone information that I went out of my way to find which took a lot of my free time and many correspondence so that I could help people make informed decisions rather than ones based on marketing. Take it however you like I clearly won't be changing anyone's mind at this point, we all seem to have our boots dug deep in various camps.

I would just remind you all that I am an enthusiast of automotive maintenance like many of us and obviously I take it further than most but I would just hope that I am able to help someone along the lines with making more informed purchases.

Originally Posted By: lubricatosaurus
Originally Posted By: postjeeprcr
What makes this propaganda to you?
It could be propoganda if its from a competitor, secretly trying to spread negative info about Puro BOSS on the web. The source needs to not have a dog in the fight, preferably.
I think people are starting to figure the Fram internet marketing game. Motoking uses people to promote Fram and spread rumors about competitors.

I tried getting the efficiency info from Purolator themselves on their new filters (Boss, One and Base). Was told the "Product Engineer" would call me back. Guess what ... only heard the sound of crickets.

Maybe I'll try again and see if they will divulge the info. My guess is they will dance around it and not give details ... saying it's "proprietary information".

Yeah I agree memphis909... I appreciate your information and efforts. I think what you did was very helpful and just. I am willing to buy and use a Purolator Boss filter now because of your information. On the box I saw it said 99% efficiency. I am thinking that's at 40 microns based in your info.

First post but i been reading on her for a while.
My opinion of this thread is that its worthless.No evidence but just some guy on a forum.

LoL ... "Purolator damage control" just signed up, or is it just another guy on a forum?
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Yeah I agree memphis909... I appreciate your information and efforts. I think what you did was very helpful and just. I am willing to buy and use a Purolator Boss filter now because of your information. On the box I saw it said 99% efficiency. I am thinking that's at 40 microns based in your info.

No the Purolator boss is 99% @ 32 microns, that's actually much better than being 99% @ 40 microns which is not great.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Well I was just guessing a bit.. Ohh well.

It's just funny because that's the only data point I received was the 99% rating in the first post
smile.gif

Its all a big secret with that crew... With those very small oil holes on the center tube its amazing they get any flow at all... Either way this is a filter i will never use again..
Thank you for the info even know its all unofficial.. I will stick with Wix and Fram ultra for a quality filter.

Originally Posted By: steveh
It could be propoganda if its from a competitor, secretly trying to spread negative info about Puro BOSS on the web. The source needs to not have a dog in the fight, preferably.
I think people are starting to figure the Fram internet marketing game. Motoking uses people to promote Fram and spread rumors about competitors.

I don't think anyone else cares what you think considering your hostility to Fram.

Well maybe they should step up and provide the data instead of acting like a Tier 2 filter manufacturer with an over inflated marketing budget.

I agree that there is an online marketing and propaganda initiative being executed by fram.
Ive seen the motorking or J Buckley guy all over online. Doing what it appears he has trained his pet monkies here to do for him.
Its apparently working well for them.

LoL ... I smell trolls. It's pretty funny when people claim members here are getting paid to point out what anyone who is up on and interested in filters would do anyway.

It's pretty obvious that many here know what filter efficiency is about, and if the information is hidden or marketed in a weaselly manner, then something is being hidden for a reason. Transparency on a products performance goes a long way.

I wonder how the change will affect Bosch etc filters? The D+ has a rating of 99.9%@40, shown with the test used. Maybe if Bosch gets the Boss media they will show the value in writing. The 99%@32 sounds like a number to go with. Once I said I get free Fram Ultras and pretty soon the story was becoming true to the labelers. I saw the video of the Fram production line. "Motorking" was there, he looks like a big strong guy, yeah tin foil hats go take it up with him how he is sending out shills.

Originally Posted By: goodtimes
I wonder how the change will affect Bosch etc filters? The D+ has a rating of 99.9%@40, shown with the test used. Maybe if Bosch gets the Boss media they will show the value in writing. The 99%@32 sounds like a number to go with. Once I said I get free Fram Ultras and pretty soon the story was becoming true to the labelers. I saw the video of the Fram production line. "Motorking" was there, he looks like a big strong guy, yeah tin foil hats go take it up with him how he is sending out shills.
I could be mistaken-but didn't Bosch drop Purolator as a manufacturer of their U.S. made oil filters?

I don't know if Bosch have dropped them, yet. They went to Purolator when they were part owners, from using Chaml Labs I believe. I started buying the Bosch Premiums for the Toyotas because Purolator was all the talk. Now my last one sits on my lawn mower where it seems to be doing a good job, the tiny oil pump in a 6 hp engines shouldn't have the flow tear a filter. Then there is a Distance plus on the car which I won't buy again. Actually I just bought three Toyota filters for $11 shipped, and I am going to probably go with those after the Ultras are gone. It's all getting too complicated and I know the OE filters work as intended for my casual use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back