Purchased 2017 Ford Fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right.

Originally Posted By: tig1
Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
I hope your drivers seat ain't as painful as mine.
Ford seems to make seats these days for 110 pound teenage girls.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Maybe it's just you.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Originally Posted By: Chewie
27K on a 2017 model year? Was this an ex-rental?
You can buy a 2017 in the middle of 2016. 27k in 1 year isn't crazy high miles
With those miles, you know it hasn't been short-tripped. Good choice that Fusion.
I don't know why you think MC filters are better than Fram Ultras at about the same price, but to each their own.

Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Originally Posted By: Chewie
27K on a 2017 model year? Was this an ex-rental?
You can buy a 2017 in the middle of 2016. 27k in 1 year isn't crazy high miles
With those miles, you know it hasn't been short-tripped. Good choice that Fusion.
I don't know why you think MC filters are better than Fram Ultras at about the same price, but to each their own.

I'm sure he doesn't know what you are talking about either. When I mentioned #3614 oil filters he reamed me- lol

Congrats on the purchase.
thumbsup2.gif

The 2.5 is a rock solid and smooth running engine, it's based on the 2.3, so you will feel right at home coming from the 07 model maintenance wise.

They are getting closer in price - might be time to treat my Briggs & Stratton to a Fram Ultra
wink.gif

I'm sure he doesn't know what you are talking about either. When I mentioned #3614 oil filters he reamed me- lol

If I were only brave enough to recommend PUP or M1 EP for cleaner pistons in his 10k OCI's, and then compound the incoming anger by recommending an Oversize XG16 Fram Ultra or MG421-1 Microgreen.

Originally Posted By: 4WD
They are getting closer in price - might be time to treat my Briggs & Stratton to a Fram Ultra
wink.gif

MC filters perform very well on Ford engines. Remember, the oil you use is far more important than the filter you use. High end expensive filters really will not provide longer engine life. It's a feel good thing. But quality oils will provide excellent performance at longer OCIs.

Who is making them ? - I used them for years until I heard Purolator made some ...

Originally Posted By: 4WD
Who is making them ? - I used them for years until I heard Purolator made some ...

I believe Purolator makes most if not all of them, same for the Mopar filters. The exceptions are the Motorcrafts from the factory are believed to be Champion Labs (or were), and some of the Mopar filters (usually the Canadian ones) are Wix.

Bought this yesterday. It does have 27K and has the 2.5 engine. I purposely bought this over the Ecoboost, as I did not want the DI(very expensive fuel pump) and MPG loss with the turbo. Very clean and got a good price. The dealer put Valvoline 5-20 in the sump, with a MC FL910 filter, but I will drain it out soon and replace with M1 0-20AFE, with the MC FL910.

Congrats! Fusions have proven to be very reliable.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
BITOG is becoming the birthplace of new cars. Congrats tig1.

I doubt that.......this thread would be 10 pages long had he bought some ex-detectives Crown Vic.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
BITOG is becoming the birthplace of new cars. Congrats tig1.

Haha the maternity ward is definitely getting full around here
laugh.gif

Right.

I hope your drivers seat ain't as painful as mine.
Ford seems to make seats these days for 110 pound teenage girls.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Maybe it's just you.

I'm gonna have to side with tig on this one. The driver seat in my 2010 is extremely comfortable, and I'm in it 2 hours a day, if not more.

Originally Posted By: callbay
I have a 2011 fusion with a 2.5. Never been in for repairs in 88,000 miles and 6 1/2 years. Great vehicles!

Don't forget to change your cabin air filter. You should see them after only one year of about 13,500 miles. Much cheaper at rock Auto on line.

Only 88,000 miles? You should have lots of life left in her. Mine's got nearly 3x as many miles, and still powers through 110+ miles each day like a champ. Take care of her, and she'll take care of you.

.. and I agree with you about Rock Auto for filters. I've got 3 CFs and 2 AFs from them in my stash, each of which was under $5 a pop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back