Update on my 2017 Ford Fusion

This is the NA 2.5 Duratech engine and the 6 speed 6F35 trans. with 150K. The first parts to be changed on the car was last month when the drivers side front strut needed to be replaced. I went ahead and had the other side done as well. When it had 57K the timing chain cover started slightly weeping oil so that was resealed on the warranty.
As most know I only use M1 oils in the engine( M1 5-20EP) and trans( M1 LV HP ATF). 10K in the engine and 30K in the trans. The drive train has been great with very good MPG, no rattles in the chassis, with no trouble codes to date.
Needless to say I plan to drive this car for many more miles as I have the 2007 Fusion I still own.

Good luck, you definitely need to keep that transmission serviced, a family members 2017 6F35 with low miles just crapped out on the highway.
How well was it serviced? I know two other people with the 6F35 in their fusions, one with 190K and the other with 245K with no issues to date.

Good luck, you definitely need to keep that transmission serviced, a family members 2017 6F35 with low miles just crapped out on the highway.
Ouch, I had like 135k on mine when I traded it in without a single trans issue.

IMO, Ford made a big mistake by not keeping (and evolving) the Fusion. They were just as good as the Japanese competition and often better. Who makes these poor decisions at Ford?
It's supposedly coming back as a crossover which will replace the Escape and Edge. Supposedly.

Back