PUP-Local Dealership Flyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
We sold that 2001 Pontiac Sunfire with 214k miles on it for $800 in 2014. Car ran great, I had just changed spark plugs and wires, changed the oil. Young fella got it for his first car. My lady saw it on the road last year still rolling around.

I will gladly say that the local Ford dealership had two very, very good service managers. RB was the first one my family and I dealt with and he was fantastic. Honest and very smart. The second one was just as good. Gary was one of the nicest guys you would want to meet. These two guys were top of the mark. Just like any profession... There are very good ones and ones that aren't worth a hoot in the wind.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Who knows what nozzle the tech actually grabs when filling it up with oil.

I'll stick to changing my own within 15 minutes for about $11 in supplies, rather than waiting for an hour for them to do it for $58.

I agree.

Had the dealer "Loose" some skid plate screws on a new impala, that had "Free Dealer Oil Changes"
Also had them curb rash the Heck out of a wheel.
That I Luckily Noticed when it was brought out.
Never gain, not worth the hassle of worryoing what they screwed up.

This was all with GM dealers, maybe higher end dealer better?
Only have opinion on GM, also these were different dealers.

Have a close friend that works at a Cadillac and I've been told some wild stories! (Put off any dealer maintenance)
Managers taking nice customer cars out, mainly just charging way more than they shhould or just not even doing some work.
The Techs base themselves on who the customer is

Most millennials I know, refuse to change their own oil. One in particular, I told him he could use my oil, tools, and filter for nothing. And I would help. Nahhh, it's easier to go to stealer ship. I taught him how to change the oil and everything. He works at Starbucks and doesn't make much...Plato complained about the kids of his time. Nothing oil related, that I know of!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back