Pronto PO4651 Cut Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Hessam
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: Hessam
is that 3rd pic from the top before you cut the filter open? if so, looks like the ADBV was installed backwards. The side of the Anti Drainback Valve facing the oil hole inlets should be the smooth side to form a complete seal. It looks like the side with the raised ridges is facing the oil inlets, which would make is impossible to form a complete seal.

If you look at the last photo, it looks like the ADBV was installed correctly based on the concave shape, and also the center hole area where it fits around the end cap on the filter element.

ZeeOSix, I agree the last pic is how it should be installed, but the 3rd pic from the top, as well as the 5th pic from the top show the exact opposite of that. If the OP could confirm how the ADBV was installed when he opened the filter, it would help. I have never seen those raised ridges showing through the oil inlet holes (as in the 3rd pic from the top).

The 3rd photo from the top looks like it was taken before cutting the filter. Based on the ridges on the ADBV, you can tell how it was installed before the filter was cut open. Looks to be installed correctly to me.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Are those holes in the media in line with holes in the center tube?

ZeeOSix - it looks like the holes in the media are lined up well with the holes in the center tube. If this is true I wonder if the holes are rough on the inlet side of the center tube.

Another make and model to steer clear of.

BlueSmoke16 - Thanks for the cut and post.

With your -15F cold starts, I think I would lean toward the NAPA Gold or WIX standard line. This way you get a silicone anti drain back valve and separate bypass valve. The media would also be tougher since they are synthetic blends. The low end WIX use cellulose paper and the nitrile combo valves. IMO those two things increase the risk during cold starts.

Last edited:
If you look closely at this photo, you can also see the media trying to poke through some of center tube holes down by the glue seam. Must have been a lot of delta-p across this media during the -15 deg F starts.

IMG_0925.jpg

Either the media has to be stronger or the bypass setting has to be lower for engine specified oil and -15F cold starts. This filter would get cellulose media. Likely cheapest bidder on all filter components.

I looked at the Picts again and that pleat looks collapsed. Signs of high DP.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back