Pronto PO4476 Cut and Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are the details...

05 Camry 2.4

147,255 Miles

Ran February - April. Minnesota climate.

3400 OCI

Valvoline 5W-30W conventional

Pronto PO4476 - Made In China

Nitrile anti drain back

Bypass valve

Coil spring

No holes or tears

Crimped media

Good construction

No Drama

IMG_0974.jpg

IMG_0975.jpg

IMG_0978.jpg

IMG_0979.jpg

IMG_0980.jpg

IMG_0981.jpg

Replaced with Pro Tec 163

and Valvoline 5W-30W conventional.

Regards,

Scott

DISAGREE must have drama.

Seriously, the frustrating part of nifty posts like yours, and thanks for the effort, is that we can't assume any other filters from the same manufacturer is made the same way.

The Pronto filter for my application might be of vastly cheaper or different construction. Kira

No drama is good. Most filters should be able to easily complete 3400 miles with no drama. This one looks to have gotten the job done. Coo will be off putting to some and generally not my first choice. But as long as know what you are purchasing and are satisfied, it's your right and your call.

Thanks for the pics.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
No drama is good. Most filters should be able to easily complete 3400 miles with no drama. This one looks to have gotten the job done. Coo will be off putting to some and generally not my first choice. But as long as know what you are purchasing and are satisfied, it's your right and your call.

Thanks for the pics.

+1....agree.....3400 miles is not much a test for this filter or any filter....and a waste of good oil on a Camry (even in winter). IMO....You should be able to do 5K to 6K with the mileage you do.....winter or summer.

How True.

They are sourced globally.

China is gettin' it done... Apparently.... this factory at least.....

Regards,

Scott

I have considered 5000 OCI

However my OCD kicks in and I realize I have run all my autos.... mini vans.... to 250,000 + miles. The body and other things give out the engine never does.

My crowning achievement was a 97 Camry to 345,000 miles.

All while doing 3000 - 4000 OCI's

What do they say ..... don't fix it if it ain't broke.....

I know its the OCD.....

Thanks,

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back