Pronto PO4612 Cut Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
3600 miles since last oil change.

Nissan 3.5L V6

Good build quality. Coil spring, Nitrile anti drain back, Spring loaded bypass,crimped media. No tears. Made in China.

Bought from Rock Auto.

Still Learning how to get images in posts.... Sorry....

Best Regards

Scott

Last edited:
I would love to see the pictures as I'm using the same filter at this time.

You need to post your pics on a hosting site like photobucket, then copy the image ID to the pics icon (when you use the full reply screen)

Nobody said BITOG was user friendly
eek.gif

You are fine there man..

It does look all right. How many miles on your Altima?? Any issues to date?? I use the upsize filter because it's easier to get a handle on than the weedeater sized 6607.

Anybody know what the filtration rating is of the Pronto's filter media?
To me, the construction looks good. I would not have a problem using them for a 'non extended' OCI.

I would use them for longer check out the one I cut earlier it was between 8-9k and perfect on the inside the adbv was just starting to harden a lil bit

Quote:
Anybody know what the filtration rating is of the Pronto's filter media?.....

Like many Asian manufactured oil filters, unlikely to find an authoritative /published efficiency rating for them. Pronto oil filter coo is S. Korea. Also like many of the Asian manufactured aftermarket oil filters, does appear to be a solidly made filter.

This is the shorty 6607/14612 filter, at 3600 fci, looks fine.

Welcome, and thanks for the pics.

I used this filter on a 2004 Nissan Quest. 226,000 miles.

I usually run the Super Tech 5w-30W.... I know it's WalMart brand..... but I did get a Camry to 343,000 miles with steady use of the oil also at 3000-4000 mile oil changes.

I always do oil changes at 3000-4000 mile intervals.

I put a Casite CF113 filter on when changing the oil this time.

Regards,

Scott

Last edited:
At least they were smart enough not to skimp on the media! If you're staying at 3-4K almost anything will work-but I'd be watching for those made by Wix WM Super Tech filters to come in, myself.

Whatever you're doing obviously it's working. Wasn't meaning to imply that because efficiency specs unknown one shouldn't use it. Just answering a question. Pronto looks to be a decent 3-5k mile filter.

If you're comfortable with 3-4k miles ocis on conventional, it's ok. In my experience with an 01 Civic now at 235k+ miles mostly conventional, 5k mi. is a doable minimum with todays oils. That includes with Super Tech/WPP oil. WPP makes Peak and Mag1 oil too.

From looking at images, looks like the Casite OF is made by Clarcor/Baldwin, similar to/same as Hastings.

Linked is a CF-113 dissection posted here last year.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3706833/1

Originally Posted By: BlueSmoke16
I used this filter on a 2004 Nissan Quest. 226,000 miles.

I usually run the Super Tech 5w-30W.... I know it's WalMart brand..... but I did get a Camry to 343,000 miles with steady use of the oil also at 3000-4000 mile oil changes.

I always do oil changes at 3000-4000 mile intervals.

I put a Casite CF113 filter on when changing the oil this time.

Regards,

Scott

Thanks for the C&P.

Nothing wrong with the ST/Walmart oil. It's decent stuff.

Thanks for the pics. I use this filter on my Nissan Versa Note at 3k intervals. I still have several in my Rockauto stash. I wondered how they compared and now I know for sure. I would be fine with ordering more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back