Casite CF113 Cut Open Nissan 3.5L V6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nissan 3.5L V6

Super Tech 5W-30W conventional

3340 OCI

Nitrile ADV, Big A** coil spring, Metal End Caps, Short Media, Louvers in Tube, Big bypass valve.

No tears or holes.

Ran January - Mid March In Minnesota. Cold Starts.

IMG_0930.jpg

IMG_0928.jpg

IMG_0934.jpg

IMG_0935.jpg

IMG_0941.jpg

IMG_0942.jpg

IMG_0944.jpg

Regards,

Scott

Made by Hastings, but a bit cheaper. What's the price difference between Casite and Hastings?

December 6, 2012

Hastings is using the slotted tubes now too?
crazy2.gif

What did you replace it with?

Not too much filter media in that filter.

I think I would get a different filter with more filter media

Quote:
Honestly, what's the issue with a center tube having slots vs. holes? ..

Really, there is no issue. However, with a change to the louvered design by M&H Puro (joining Clarcor Baldwin/Hastings, Champ) one member has repeatedly attempted to make a mountain out of mole hill imo. Thus the regular reference to it now, much of it sarcasm.

As for filter, it's a jobber/quick lube tier filter. For 3-5k miles oci, ok. Is what it is. Looks like it did it's job.

I've run a few of them, both the Casite & the Federated Auto Parts version (sold/distributed locally here by KOI), they've held up OK, but they don't have the greatest media nor ADBV, both on the flimsy side. I wouldn't go over 5K on them myself, but my brother's Altima which does almost all interstate/highway miles went 7K on a Casite, & it looked good when I cut it open.

Originally Posted By: sayjac
Quote:

Really, there is no issue. However, with a change to the louvered design by M&H Puro (joining Clarcor Baldwin/Hastings, Champ) one member has repeatedly attempted to make a mountain out of mole hill imo. Thus the regular reference to it now, much of it sarcasm.

As I noted the other day, I looked down the center tube of a freshly redesigned filter line and honestly the louvers were barely opened up. The slits were about the thickness of a piece of paper. IMO, I wouldn't use a filter with paper thin louver slits.

Now some of the photos of filters with louvered center tubes look well made with very large openings - like the one in this thread. I wouldn't have a problem with using on made properly like that, but I'd personally feel unsure and stay away from ones with barely open louvers.

Quote:

As for filter, it's a jobber/quick lube tier filter. For 3-5k miles oci, ok. Is what it is. Looks like it did it's job.
Lol what he said that dude couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat all of his claims are far fetched to say the least

Originally Posted By: robo339
Quote:

Lol what he said that dude couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat all of his claims are far fetched to say the least

lol.gif
Funny/ironic you should use the analogy of falling out of a boat because I was thinking of another boat analogy recently to describe said poster.

indrrrex.jpg

Originally Posted By: robo339
Quote:

lol.gif
Funny/ironic you should use the analogy of falling out of a boat because I was thinking of another boat analogy recently to describe said poster.

indrrrex.jpg

ahhhh a true never ending story kinda like a broken record player

Originally Posted By: BlueSmoke16
Nissan 3.5L V6

Super Tech 5W-30W conventional

3340 OCI

Nitrile ADV, Big A** coil spring, Metal End Caps, Short Media, Louvers in Tube, Big bypass valve.

No tears or holes.

Ran January - Mid March In Minnesota. Cold Starts.

IMG_0930.jpg

IMG_0928.jpg

IMG_0934.jpg

IMG_0935.jpg

IMG_0941.jpg

IMG_0942.jpg

IMG_0944.jpg

Regards,

Scott

Looks like a Napa Silver I cut open one time I used for my Honda.
As far as the filter size and the coil spring and the size..

only thing the napa silver that was different was that Bypass valve they use on top

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back