Product Review: Goof Off

Because of the on again off again tires on our new wheels, (5 times) the center caps have become damaged and wont hold securely to the wheels any more. it's take us almost 6 months to locate new center caps as even Axe Wheels US & UK can't locate any of these. The bright spot is that I was able to remove the logos from the damaged plastic center caps. In a few days we'll be getting a new set of the wheel caps which do not have the logos on them. So I'm left with "What to use on these logo covers, to remove the double sided sticky pads on the center caps".

Mind you I've used Goof off for some time on removing overspray from the van as well as other cars and trucks. But I didn't want to submerge the logos in the solution. Instead, I placed the logos on a towel face down and filled the cupped logo area with the Goof Off. Within a 24 hour time frame the goof off lifted the round padded double side stickers of the logos. Just checked it this morning, picked up one of the logos and the black double sides stickers simply fell off the logos. The double sided sticky still left a bit of glue on the logos, but I was able to wipe the sticky off with a paper towel.

Amazing stuff.

Back