Posted UOA of Delvac 1300 15W-40 "CI-4 Plus"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have posted a UOA of what I believe to be Delvac 1300 "CI-4 Plus" after a discussion with the distubutor. It is in a heavier vehicle but I think you might be interested.
smile.gif

Gene

I was looking to do an extended drain in my 01 PSD using 8 quarts of 15W40 Delvac 1300S CI+ and 7 quarts of the Delavc I 5W40/Mobil I Truck/SUV. I have not done this yet, but I think it would make for one terrific oil for the PSD. The only thing holding me back is my oil change isn't due for some time and I am not the biggest fan of mixing weights.

smile.gif

I am doing that right now. Delvac 1300S and Motorcraft 1995 filter. It is just that at times I cannot let the engine get to proper temp and I have to move with traffic. 55 mph plus after about 3 blocks, and on a cold engine this bothers me. Quite a few times this happens pulling a boat or TT also.

dunno.gif

You probably don't want to listen to some kid
grin.gif
, but while not exactly ideal, I believe you're worrying about nothing.

My dad idled his BIG trucks all the time with no problems to warm up, and he did the same with his 98.5 Dodge (24 Valve ISB) with no problems. Even mentioned to him at one time about how people on this site will not warm their vehicles up in the morning because of possible fuel contamination and PPM on analysis...thought that was absolutely ridiculous. "The vehicle is there to serve you!"

If you're super worried about wet-stacking and PPM, have you considered a high-idle kit? Heck, I know Ford offers (or at least to) them as an option on the 7.3L's.

Jelly,

Good ideas. I did just purchase an AIC for my 01. Plus it has a CAP. (Cold Air Package) It is the Ford AIC with battery charge, PTO, and selectable idle. On my 95 I have an EBV (Exhaust Brake Valve)kit, and it has a selectable high idle. (1600 RPM).

I think it is more a BITOG thing also. I have done two extended runs with Amsoil. I am looking for a less expensive alternative. And curiousity is just bugging me.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back