Mobil Delvac Modern Super Defense v2 10w-30

1706761601115.jpg

official website link

1706764444806.jpg

Its a rated API CI-4/SL oil sold in a country that's still stuck on Euro4 specifications. I came across this oil in a local shop and found nothing posted about it here--or anywhere else really. It seems to have superseded the Delvac MX 10w30 in the ASEAN region. When I opened the jug it came out almost clear with a tinge of yellow (like hydraulic oil).

Here's its MSDS
1706761754185.jpg

holy moly, for a cheap PHP1200 ($21) per gallon oil its got 5-10% PAO in it. Does anyone know more about this oil? Seems like a bargain for what it offers.

Last edited:
Hard to find, out-dated oil for the U.S. market. I've seen no value in this over buying Delvac 1300 that's on the store shelves & with today's modern oil tech.

Re-branded delvac at the time.

Most major brands still produce CI4+ oils, just primarily for the export market. You could probably request it in bulk from a distributor if you really wanted to. But there’s really no point as we all know.

If you scrolled back in Oil history 20? Years, it would be the same product as back then. Certainly usable. The PAO is probably utilized for solubilizing the additives.

Back