Post your latest tire purchase

1 Continental WinterContact Si with no patches or plugs and over 7/32" tread from Ebay to replace the one with screw in sidewall. Road force balanced at dealer and installed a new TPMS in my full size spare. That TPMS warning is not something I want lit up when driving on spare. Pilot also doesn't show the other 3 tires if the system is in error. (n)

IMG_5377.jpg

Falken FK460 A/S in 235/40R19.

Grip is comparable to the Pilot Sport 4 All Seasons in dry, not so much for wet but not bad.

We bought a used 2008 Outback 3.0R [flat six] and it came with General Altimax Arctic 12’s. These are rebranded Gislavid NordFrost 100.

My daughter is out skiing in CO. In past years she’s had Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3’s. I’ll be curious if she notices a difference.
IMG_4829.jpeg

Got rid of the trashed OEM Hankooks on the Camry and got a set of Cooper Endeavor 235/45/18's installed today. I no longer have to turn the radio all the way up to drown out the tire noise :ROFLMAO:

Firestone Destination LE3 on the old Blazer. I had the LE2's on previously, and they did everything pretty well. Decent dry, wet, and snow traction and pretty quiet too.

Falkens installed today. This was a Tire Rack purchase, and my local garage installed them. First impressions are quiet and smooth. Only a few miles on them so far, but much quieter than the Michelins that were on before... Sorry about the pics, car needs a good cleaning

20240301_155217.jpg

20240301_155224.jpg

IMG_2647.jpeg

My CX-30 Turbo went from factory gloss black 18” monstrosities wrapped in Bridgestone bottom feeder OEM tires to 17” Motegis with BFG Trail Terrains. The wheel + tire combo is actually about 4-5lb lighter, mpgs are up, acceleration and handling are better, and it’s more capable on various unpaved surfaces.

It is a bit louder but I don’t care about that given all the upsides.

20240319_195604.jpg
20240319_195548.jpg

4 Goodyear Assurance Comfortdrive 215/60/16 for the Camry.
Broke the streak of 4 Michelin Defender purchases, goodyears had a rebate going so I went with them.
The Michelin Defenders T+H that they are replacing lasted 5.5 year and 42k miles, I was going to replace them at 6 years in September but one of them developed a sudden crack on the sidewall and I was a little disappointed that's why didn't by the same tire.

20240317_192104.jpg

View attachment 209310View attachment 209311

4 Goodyear Assurance Comfortdrive 215/60/16 for the Camry.
Broke the streak of 4 Michelin Defender purchases, goodyears had a rebate going so I went with them.
The Michelin Defenders T+H that they are replacing lasted 5.5 year and 42k miles, I was going to replace them at 6 years in September but one of them developed a sudden crack on the sidewall and I was a little disappointed that's why didn't by the same tire.

View attachment 209317
Yikes. That’s quite a crack.

Ditched my 275/80r17 Nokian Outpost ATs and went to 255/80r17 Falken Wildpeak AT3w.

No reason for it besides wanting to go back to skinny 33s. I just enjoy testing tires.

The Nokians were good tires and did well in winter conditions. If they made them in 255/80r17 I probably would have gotten them again. Their only downside was that they were a bit wandery on the highway.

I had been trying to avoid Falken after their Rocky Mountain ATs cost me a couple accidents on the road years ago. Terrible tires, those were. People rave about Wildpeaks though, so we’ll see.

IMG_2690.jpeg

Just bought Kuhmo Crugen HP71 from Tire Rack for the 2017 Explorer. These will replace Michelin DefenderLTX that are worn out at 52,000 miles. $200 instant rebate and another $80 mail in rebate makes this a good deal me thinks. I’ll update with pictures when they arrive on Friday…

IMG_0056.jpeg

Back