Post your latest tire purchase

GC 4.00-6 13” on a BBS forged aluminum rim with Bones Swiss ceramics bearings

I was gonna inflate to what the door sticker said but there’s no door

I wanted to do 8” rims but the guy at Lowe’s didn’t recommend it. he said the sidewalls would be 1.5” and likely the rim would get scraped coming out of the shed

View attachment 186775
That's a really solid choice there sticking to the smaller rims. This also improves ride comfort for the passengers of the wagon as you can run lower pressure and spread that contact patch out over the uneven terrain.

Took delivery of my 2023 Honda Civic Touring Sedan in June. Came with Goodyear Eagle Sports, dealer changed them to the tires i preferred, Continental Extremecontact DWS06 plus before delivery for a small additional charge, then got a $110 rebate from Continental as well. They have been everything I expected, very pleased with them. About 4,000 miles so far. Size is 235/40/18.

2 Walmart dextero all terrain tires

Attachments

• IMG_20231017_154448225_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231017_154448225_HDR.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 23
Took delivery of my 2023 Honda Civic Touring Sedan in June. Came with Goodyear Eagle Sports, dealer changed them to the tires i preferred, Continental Extremecontact DWS06 plus before delivery for a small additional charge, then got a $110 rebate from Continental as well. They have been everything I expected, very pleased with them. About 4,000 miles so far. Size is 235/40/18.
how did you pull this off it's fantastic. Did the dealership then sell your tires as new?

Set of 4 Venom Power Terra Hunter R/T 35x12.50x20 to replace the 37x12.50x20 Wildpeaks that were on there when I bought it. $1,500 for the set and that was offset by the $700 I sold the Wildpeaks for.

I just purchased a set of Goodyear LS-2 for a 2014 Chrysler 200 Limited that has only 13,000 miles.

The tires on it were the originals from the 33rd week of 2013. Discount Tire agreed to price match a Black Friday Walmart special on a different tire and when they couldn't get it on order, they also agreed to replace it with a tire that has a similar level of longevity (65,000 miles).

It just so happens that this model had those exact model of Goodyear tires when it was on the showroom floor. What was usually $170 a pop I got for $100 each. Best deal of the year for me and my customers.

Picked up 4 Continental TrueContact Tour today from local shop using the Continental Credit Card for the $220 rebate I need to upload. Christmas present for my son that won't be used until spring. His Michelin Premier's will be 6 years old and down to 3-4/32 all around. Shockingly they were not hydroplaning or giving poor wet grip and we were trying to play around where safe. Oh well, ready for spring. VikingContact 7's currently in service until then.

The TrueContact Tour in his size were $142ea at Tire Rack. Local small business shop was $154ea but that also included mount and balance. They are on the Tire Rack recommended installer list and I have had multiple sets from TR and DTD mounted there. Figured good to support and actually cheaper since normally like $25 tire to mount/balance.

IMG_4255.jpg

I had to buy a new Continental ExtremeContact due to road hazard, I'm waiting for TireRack road hazard to reimburse me
That was last week, I looked at the new tire today 🙄
1000008268.jpg

Now I need another one 😭
Hopefully I can get this one swapped under Continentals 1 year road hazard, since on paper I bought it cash
But I'm still on the hook for tax and mount & balance 😳
Can't have nothing nice 😔

I'm in my tire era 🤔
I'm so tired of buying tires, I swear all I do is buy tires and batteries 🥺

Toyo Celsius II in the size 205/70-15 for a first-gen SF Forester. DTD Cyber Monday special $110 off the set of four. $360 for the tires plus installation (I just ordered them, so I didn't get the installed yet)

I had to buy a new Continental ExtremeContact due to road hazard, I'm waiting for TireRack road hazard to reimburse me
That was last week, I looked at the new tire today 🙄
View attachment 190301
Now I need another one 😭
Hopefully I can get this one swapped under Continentals 1 year road hazard, since on paper I bought it cash
But I'm still on the hook for tax and mount & balance 😳
Can't have nothing nice 😔

I'm in my tire era 🤔
I'm so tired of buying tires, I swear all I do is buy tires and batteries 🥺
Maybe the screw didn’t go deep enough to cause an issue?

For my wife's M35 sedan, I purchased four GT Radial Champiro touring A/S 245/45/18 96V tires for $99.50 each plus sales tax from www.prioritytire.com. Living in a rural area, I'll use Discount Tire for mounting and balancing. Oddly DT sells some GT Radial tires but not this one in my size. The car only gets driven 4,500 miles a year.

You can tell by looking that chances are that tire is toast.Look closely-its actually BETWEEN the tread.
I realize its unlikely, but the screw portion could be extremely short or missing altogether. Only suggested because its happened to me once before.

Bought a set of Toyo Extensa AS-IIs in 225/55r16 back in April of this year. About $130 each tire. Have 4500 miles on them. They were... interesting to break-in. They were horrible for the first 700 miles. However, they handle pretty nice now that they've been broken in. The only way that they can be described handling wise is that they are very natural. It has a very natural feeling throughout varying uses. Haven't seen any mild snow yet, but I expect these to not do that well. Wet is ok. Had a little moment with these things hydroplaning on a flat road at 70. To be fair, the radar returns for that storm were above 75dbz with small and minimal hail. Ride is soft and precise until you hit bad potholes then it becomes pretty stiff. Noise is interesting. It is quiet until you hit a concrete bridge. The tire roars loudly on concrete at highway speeds. It is a similar noise and intensity to what the OE Michelin Pilot HX MXM4s produced. The best part of these tires is the rolling resistance. On a trip back in May, the 04' got better MPG than the epa rating, and that was with some hills and pulls to redline on a hot day. To end this, I'll say that these tires are like a modern version of the Michelin Pilot HX MXM4.

Back