Post your latest tire purchase

Bought more dextero ATs the other day, waiting for them to show up at Walmart.

Most off road a/t are still fairly quiet. They don't roar like an m/t unless they're feathered. Toyos are notorious for being a little bit louder than the rest.

Just bought Kuhmo Crugen HP71 from Tire Rack for the 2017 Explorer. These will replace Michelin DefenderLTX that are worn out at 52,000 miles. $200 instant rebate and another $80 mail in rebate makes this a good deal me thinks. I’ll update with pictures when they arrive on Friday…

UPS just dropped off the Kuhmos. Look good. We’ll see how they stack up against the Michelin tires that will come off…

IMG_0057.jpeg

Champ tires.jpg

Nissan Leaf has two very good Bridgestone Turanza on the front, a like new and another worn out General Altimax on the rear. Ordered the last 8/32 depth Altimax tire that Champ Tires had for $46 delivered with discounts and coupons.

tire order.jpg

Will mount this one or the right rear and move the other Altimax to the right front, then both Bridgestones go on the left.

2 Uniroyal HS2 in 11R22.5 mounted on freshly blasted and painted steel wheels. Color is Massey Ferguson Flint Gray
83FAC77A-AEEA-48F7-BB18-C0D59DB2C2B7.jpeg

Reactions: 4WD
205/60R-16 MICHELIN CROSSCLIMATE2 SL for the Kia Soul. The OEM tires are dead at 25k miles having been rotated religiously every 5K miles. I have CC2s on the Lexus RX350 which also had dead OEM tires by 25K miles and they've held up much better currently having 30K miles on them and about half their usable tread depth gone.

Taiwan Tire.
Ironman A/T.
Still has that new tire smell.
IMG_20240411_184630114_HDR.jpg

My Titan was hard on the right front. I set the toe and had a shop put it up on the rack. Alignment was in spec. Still no change and wearing out the outside edge. Supposedly no camber adjustment. Some years Titan have ecentric bolts for the lower control arm. Mine doesn't but saw a little gap. Loosened the bolts and gave a mighty kick to the bottom of the tire. Popped just a hair out. Tighten everything up and test rode.
Nice. Feels a little more planted. Seemed like it was sensitive to the crown of the road.
The right front that was prematurely wearing got cut by a rock. Plugged it but the plug went in super easy. Ebay to the rescue. $80 to my door. Seems a bit much for a used tire but what isn't high today.

2 sets recently

First, tire recappers 33x12.5x20 for my F150. Truck sits more than it gets driven, OEM wheels were corroding and has been leaking at the bead for the past year. When my springs snapped I threw on a level kit while I installed new strut assemblies. Wasn’t planning on wheels but came across a good deal. Rough Country 20x10 $800 plus tax. Retreaded 33s were $550 plus tax - free shipping on both. Cheapest virgin tire set was gonna run atleast $750. So far the retreads have been doing well. Typical mud terrain noise but the balanced easy and ride smoother than I would’ve expected.

Second set I just got in yesterday. Needed snow tires for my Pacifica. Picked up five 2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 18” wheels w/ 4 snow tires & 1 AT for $350. Then ordered a set of 235/60/18 Hankook iCept evo2 SUV for $280 OTD. They are 2018 production(which I found out after they arrived) but for the price I can’t really complain. Still beats the set of $260 Premiorri Via Maggiore snow tires I got on my Chevy back in January. Those things hum louder than my mud terrains and are already down 2/32nds after 2k miles(car sat for most of this winter waiting on a warranty HV battery replacement). Plus the jeep tires work on my factory F150 wheels so now I’ll have a set of snows for the truck. It’s a win-win.

IMG_5300.jpeg

IMG_5295.jpeg

IMG_5007.jpeg

Petlas Imperium pt515 185/60r14

Difficult to find a non-A/S tire in this size and I intentionally did not want to put truly modern, ultra grippy rubber on this in an attempt to get close to the original feel of the car....silly, I know. Accordingly, I thought a moderate set of Turkish made Summer only tires would fit the bill. They do, aside from being somewhere between inadequate and downright terrifying in the cold and wet, they are great for what they are. In the appropriate conditions they are soft, you can almost feel the sidewalls rolling over and the car sort of gently slides the tail around when you have some fun on ramps. In short, probably close to what a sports coupe's tire would do in '74. I'm happy.

02bct.jpg

74Gabby020324.jpg

picked up a set of new, take off wheels and tires...tires are Continental CrossContact LX-20's in 275-60-20 size...my GMC Yukon Denali had new tires on it when I bought it last June but the tire size was way off from OEM specifications...this new tire and wheel package is just about the OEM optional tire and wheel size...so far I really enjoy the improvements over what was on there...

IMG_0772.jpeg

Back