Post your latest parts purchase

Went with the Hawk HPS 5.0 pads for the Jeep, thanks @UncleDave for the suggestion.
IMG_4685.jpeg

IMG_4686.jpeg

For the LS. Received these from RA. I ordered these thinking the Lexus dealership might not have any in stock. Now I have three extra ones.

Made in Japan was a surprise. Probably comes from the same place Toyota ones come from.

View attachment 152116
Nah, probably Stone - which is a Japanese aftermarket brand. Similar to 555.

5 bushings for a manual transmission shift lever assembly, 2 rubber spring seats, 2 plate, strut bearing, 2 plate adjust gaskets, and one interior bulb for the 91 Mazda 626 from Jim Ellis Mazda in Georgia. Two air intake hose for the 626.

72572B95-8C31-418B-9125-ECE0BD2E571C.jpeg

Valve cover gasket and tube seals, spark plugs and a headlight and signal light bulb for my 1994 Camry. I know everyone hates Fel Pro here but it’s what I use because I’ve never had a problem with them. So since this is a beater car anyway if I do have a problem this is the perfect one to test it on haha. Got the valve cover off tonight. It doesn’t look great at all. So good thing I pulled it off. Going to clean it the best I can and hopefully find an oil that cleans good. I believe it’s past wasn’t the best.

WVE brand power window switch for front passenger. The Original unit would no longer lower the window... everything else worked fine; and driver side master switches would operate the passenger side.

Replacement took about 10 mins tops.

Replacement part made in China. Original Nissan part made by Alps Electric Co., Ltd. of Japan, was also made in China according to the sticker. Replacement part looks and functions just like Original.

I ordered a 100% New Duralast Gold CV axle for a 2016 3500 HD Duramax from Autozone online and had it shipped to home. I used an online coupon for 15% off of $75 or more, plus cashed in a $20 reward. Had it at my door for $95.32. It arrived damaged so I called my local Autozone and they didn't have one in stock, they ordered me a new one, it should be at the store in the morning.

I also ordered a Timken wheel bearing for the same truck from Rockauto and used a 5% off coupon. At my door for $167.83.

I was quoted about $500 to replace just the one wheel bearing at the GM dealership. On the last oil change I discovered a crack in the inner CV boot on the same side as the bad wheel bearing, so I decided to order some parts and change the CV axle and wheel bearing together.3

I usually try to find the lowest cost parts that I think are of good quality (looking for value). If I know I need parts ahead of time, I try to shop around and save as much cash as I can on good parts. If I have an unexpected repair come up, availability becomes the priority more so than the cost or brand. Of course there are some parts that I will go OEM only on, especially if they are hard or time consuming to replace or critical to safety.

The damaged CV from Autozone got me thinking about parts and what kind of parts people choose and why... so with that said, what have you ordered lately?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
PCV valve for a 2008 Mercury Mariner V6, OE from the dealer, same price as aftermarket. This weekend will be Monroe OE Spectrum front quick struts and Raybestos Element 3 pads and rotors. Tires are due at next rotation, either Firestone Destination LE3 or Goodyear Maxlife

Moving back to AZ in July, want to make sure cars are up to snuff for the journey.

2008 Crown Vic:

- Raybestos Front rotors
- Wagner ultra quiet pads
- KYB shocks all around

2018 CX-9:

- RP 75w90 for rear diff and tcase
- Ravenol FZ ATF 10 qts for 2x drain/fills

Back