Post your latest oil change

The family truckster got another serving of GTX HM. Instead of a maintence dose of autorx i added a half of a qrt of MMO.

Originally Posted By: ARB1977
Instead of a maintence dose of autorx i added a half of a qrt of MMO.

YES! Like to see this.

Originally Posted By: Greggy_D
Change my divorced sister-in-law's oil today at 1:30pm. I have somehow become her "husband" without all the fringe benefits.
wink.gif

2005 Taurus 3.0L Vulcan
Motorcraft FL-400s from Wally World ($3.68)
5 qts of 5w-30 Valvoline Full Synthetic Synpower (Been laying around in my garage for a couple of years after a BOGO)

This is my first time changing the oil on a Vulcan. Compared to my 24v Duratec I do NOT like where they put the filter. Obstructions everywhere. This change will get her through the winter until a March/April time frame.

Also changed both headlight bulbs for her since one went out. GE Nighthawks ($20 from Amazon).

My charge to my sister-in-law.......$0.00

Do you have a Pep Boys near you? Their FL400S's are 20 cents cheaper. Not a huge savings, but if it's on the way, it might be worth it, especially since you already seem to have a stash of oil.
55.gif

Nope......closest one is 30 miles away. Wally is about 7 miles away.

Yep....my stash is still freaking huge (over 200 qts). That's why I don't feel so bad about giving a relative some free syn.

In late September, at 5400 miles since the last change, the Buick got 5 qts. of NAPA synthetic 5W-30 (bought on sale) and a NAPA Gold filter. Total mileage at the time, 68,200.

Taurus SHO
6qts Valvoline VR1 racing oil, 20w-50
Motorcraft 400s filter

next oil change going to go with a lower viscosity perhaps, for the winter time, and perhaps back to a PureOne(I usually get a motorcraft or pureone-whichever is more convenient to obtain at the time)

2000 Ford explorer with the 5.0 5 quarts PYB 5W30 and a motorcraft 820 filter.

Originally Posted By: Greggy_D
Yep....my stash is still freaking huge (over 200 qts).
20.gif
Can I have some ??

A couple weeks ago:

Grandpa's
Toro Snow Blower
w/Techumseh 9 horse Snow-King
1Qt. PP 5w30

Last Week:

Friends '08 Corolla
PP 5w30 Toyota Filter 90915-YZZF1 (Taller Thai Filter)

It's been almost a week, and I'm itchin to do another Oil Change.
I guess I just have the sickness.

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
Hey hpichris, just out of curiosity where did you find those Champ oil filters and how much did they run you?

Did two oil changes today:

2001 Daewoo Leganza
Peak 5W-30
ProLine PPL10111 oil filter

1995 Acura Integra
Castrol Edge 5W-30
Bosch 3312 oil filter

Got a deal from a guy on ebay actually.
I paid 24 bucks for 12 shipped to my house. 1.99 each shipping included. It was the perfect deal for my dad.

I did my first oil change on the Hyundai Touring at 2848 miles today. I used Pennz 5W20 (who isn't recommending 5w20 now) and the OEM filter. It took my can crushers to get the factory filter off. This seems to be SOP for them all now on new vehicles.

Last week I did the '01 Accord @206K+ miles. Purolator P+ and Pennz 5w20.

2002 Mitsubishi Lancer:

Had PP 5w-30 since July. Did the first 2k with the FRAM Extra Guard "Orange Can of Death" and then replaced it with a FRAM Extended Guard filter. The oil lasted a total of 8k miles.

I changed it a week ago to Mobil 1 0w-30 AFE and a Purolator Pure One Filter.

2003 Mazda Tribute V6:

Had some Mobil 1 5w-20 with a FRAM Extended Guard filter since August. Noticed some of the 5w-20 was missing and I didn't see any leaks so I assume it was burn off.

Changed it to German Castrol 0w-30 and a Purolator Pure One oil filter.

Did have an issue though. Oil was leaking out of the filter when I turned the car on. I took out the filter and noticed the gasket from the old FRAM was still stuck on the car. Now free from the old gasket, not a single drop of oil leaks. Won't be making that n00b mistake again

Back