Post your latest detail

Yes I know I need to cut off the rotted running board supports!!!!! That is next on the list.

Latest paint enhancement. I used a worn out wool hybrid knockoff pad with ssr1 and meguires d300. Two pea size drops of each product all on the same pad. I used my 21mm long throw da and this was the result:
0821232002_HDR.jpg
0821232002_HDR.jpg
0821231911_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
@JeffKeryk loaned me his truck so I gave it a maintenance wash. This involved an exterior wash, deep-cleaning the wheel faces, a light paint decontamination (Meguiar’s D1801 + fine clay towel) and applying Griots 3-in-1.

71703700913__E02B3D3A-9701-466F-A7B2-3BCAAB1E1C44.jpeg

71703704519__5AEE9713-7FFE-4B15-9A49-354EF035F6A6.jpeg

I did clean the windows (in/out) but left him the door jambs to do. 🤣

Due to pure coincidence, my carpet cleaner happened to be at my house…so I hired him to extract the upholstery and the carpet.

IMG_5579.jpeg

71685523712__3845C70B-2685-4F2F-BC99-6EE170A0CF6A.jpeg

(I vacuumed the truck and removed the driver seat for better access.)

Last edited:
My old Tundra never looked this good. Never. A big thanks to @The Critic and a tribute to his attention to detail. This is a 2001 Tundra that never sees the inside of a garage, except during service. Been to the dump a bazillion times. Tree work. Gravel. Rock! How he does this is beyond me. Look at that lettering!
View attachment 180530
View attachment 180529
My wife and I had the same except it was a 2002 in sand beige. Absolutely one of the best vehicles we have ever owned. To this day it has been my wife's favorite vehicle she has ever driven. Just curious Jeff, did you ever have an issue with the front having a shimmy when applying the brakes? We fought this issue for years with the Toyota dealership. We had to take it back so many times that my wife who absolutely loved that truck, was ready to just get rid of it. They either didn't now what was going on, or didn't care. They kept telling me it was the tires but nothing they did could fix it. In 2009 I came across some information, and I can't for the life of me remember where I got it, about a fix for this issue. Turned out, according to the information, the brakes pads and rotors on this model where under-sized for the truck. I ended up ordering all the parts necessary to replace the factory rotors and calipers with larger ones and our problems went away.

My wife and I had the same except it was a 2002 in sand beige. Absolutely one of the best vehicles we have ever owned. To this day it has been my wife's favorite vehicle she has ever driven. Just curious Jeff, did you ever have an issue with the front having a shimmy when applying the brakes? We fought this issue for years with the Toyota dealership. We had to take it back so many times that my wife who absolutely loved that truck, was ready to just get rid of it. They either didn't now what was going on, or didn't care. They kept telling me it was the tires but nothing they did could fix it. In 2009 I came across some information, and I can't for the life of me remember where I got it, about a fix for this issue. Turned out, according to the information, the brakes pads and rotors on this model where under-sized for the truck. I ended up ordering all the parts necessary to replace the factory rotors and calipers with larger ones and our problems went away.
It is pretty much accepted that the front brake system was undersized. The 2003(?) forward Tundras used a slightly bigger caliper/pad assembly that is a bolt on; you just have to clearance the backing plate.

I will use a high carbon rotor next time. Wish me luck. Brake shudder is not too bad right now, but that's subjective I guess.
And yes; I get a lotta offers to buy my old Tundra. It ain't for sale as the neighbors won't allow it. 220K on the clock and I never check the oil.

no car pictures as I've got enough Rock chips and dings on the front grill to make everyone just cringe. between that and going through a drive-through car wash all the time it's hard to keep it as beautiful as a lot of the members on this forum. luckily we're coming up on the 300,000 mi service so I figure once they'll have my car for a few days with spark plugs and valve adjustment coolant replacement and brake fluid replacement and transmission fluid replacement and oil change and tire rotation and balance that I will apply something to it so we can hang out inside the garage at the dealership for a few days and maybe cure out over the weekend. I found some clearance items that I think they'll work real good for that project at AutoZone. I got the hybrid graphing ceramic with a blend of multiple waxes on clearance for $16 and some 303 graphene spray for 9$.

Attachments

• 20230930_132403.jpg
    20230930_132403.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 20230930_132409.jpg
    20230930_132409.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 7
no car pictures as I've got enough Rock chips and dings on the front grill to make everyone just cringe. between that and going through a drive-through car wash all the time it's hard to keep it as beautiful as a lot of the members on this forum. luckily we're coming up on the 300,000 mi service so I figure once they'll have my car for a few days with spark plugs and valve adjustment coolant replacement and brake fluid replacement and transmission fluid replacement and oil change and tire rotation and balance that I will apply something to it so we can hang out inside the garage at the dealership for a few days and maybe cure out over the weekend. I found some clearance items that I think they'll work real good for that project at AutoZone. I got the hybrid graphing ceramic with a blend of multiple waxes on clearance for $16 and some 303 graphene spray for 9$.
Not thing fancy, just wash and wipe down with Jay Leno Detail Spray (orange bottle)

Attachments

• 20230930_162707.jpg
    20230930_162707.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 25
  • 20230930_162713.jpg
    20230930_162713.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 24
After testing all 3, Malco showroom shine takes it for me. It’s one of the the only spray waxes that hardly left streaks or residue for me. It’s very easy to use. OPT Spray wax is definitely a close second. 3D Express wax definitely took some extra work to buff off.
IMG_1491.jpeg

Last edited:
i'm a sucker for a white car and a tan interior; my local carwash place does a great job; i wipe the excess of water, vacuum it and then go to my garage to work on hard reach spots; i dont use anything special, soap and water mainly
IMG_3060.jpeg

IMG_2899.jpeg
IMG_3026.jpeg
IMG_3050.jpeg
IMG_3091.jpeg

Back