Post your last tire/wheel purchase

C01DFD51-4B19-4995-893A-7ADB78907183.jpeg

I know I said I wouldn’t buy Cooper since they are Goodyear owned now but I didn’t listen and bought them again. Got 4 new Cooper Evolution H/T for the Escape. But it rides better now for sure and is much more quiet. It’s a good thing because when I took the front two off the rims they just fell apart they were 2017 tires and the backs were 2018 I saved the back two since they had 8/32 left.

Van got some BFGoodrich Advantage TA sport LT’s back in Devember’ish… or maybe it was January… after my wife got stuck in the driveway trying to pull out. Ended up being about $650 including the BFGoodrich rebate.

B9AACFB5-C9F3-4B12-BEB4-2A8DCBD0E3B0.jpg

Nice combo. How's the quality of Fuel wheels? Are the Wildpeaks smooth and quiet on pavement? Just curious here because I am currently checking some wheel and tire packages online.
I am happy with both the Fuel wheels and the Tires. Be sure to use properly fitted hub rings. I went with the Wildpeak ATs because the truck spends 99% of the time on the road and will see snow. I like both a quiet tire and one which is 3 peak rated to help satisfy local authorities.

New rims for the Elantra. After dealing with multiple bent oem Hyundai rims (bought them used and apparently pre-bent off marketplace and I did not really look them over) and finally decided that repair was not cost-efficient at $130 per rim or replacement for $175 or take a gamble on 3 or 4 junk yard rims for $65 a piece I had to just change them all out….. this time for Mazda oem 17’s off a newer 3. Since Mazda recommends such a thick sidewall they are perfectly round. I will be swapping over the new 215/45 uhp tires to these Mazda rims and will post a picture when that’s completed and installed on car. But for now this is what they look like and the price was reasonable at $35 and change per rim. They have the same 5 x 114.3 and other specs as Hyundai oem so fitment will not be an issue.

Attachments

• B40231E4-665C-46EA-A40E-9403C1CA0674.jpeg
    B40231E4-665C-46EA-A40E-9403C1CA0674.jpeg
    159.8 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
View attachment 69751
I know I said I wouldn’t buy Cooper since they are Goodyear owned now but I didn’t listen and bought them again. Got 4 new Cooper Evolution H/T for the Escape. But it rides better now for sure and is much more quiet. It’s a good thing because when I took the front two off the rims they just fell apart they were 2017 tires and the backs were 2018 I saved the back two since they had 8/32 left.
That looks awesome AutoMechanic👍🥃🇺🇸🇺🇸

Just bought Conti Cross Contact LX25s for the MDX. $70 rebate brought total cost including mount and balance to about $800.

Attachments

• PXL_20210907_000704721.jpg
    PXL_20210907_000704721.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 24
Ordered and received a set of Kumho HA32 SUV all weather tires for my new to me 2016 Santa Fe, which has some cheap Laufenn performance tires. So it was buy another set of rims and winter tires, or try the all weathers. I’ve run dedicated winter tires and rims for all my vehicles for almost 20 years now, but this is my first time trying all weather tires with a 3pmsf symbol rating. I’d like avoid changing and hauling and storing 2 sets of 19” wheels and tires, so we’ll see how the all weather tires do.

Attachments

• tires.jpg
    tires.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 25
A set of Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires for my 2018 BMW M240i. This car eats tires when driven hard. Two weekends of BMWCCA High Performance Driving Events and I need a left ront tire as the tracks I run are have many right hand turns.

I'll go first; Carlisle 18x7.5x8 for the front of my JD X320 garden tractor.
In November it was a set of Continental Pro Contacts on my wife's Escape. They were the OE tire and they did well so we figured a second would be the was to go at 70k miles.
Back in the summer of 2020 it was a set of Michelin Cross Climate SUV's on my Mariner. A bit much but they look and perform great

Just put 2 brand new LT235/85R16E Firestone Transforce HT2s on the front of the F-450 after one of the expensive Revo Ones got an enormous lump in the middle of the tread without hitting anything! Hopefully the HT2s are as good as the original HTs have been.

I forgot to mention;

295/65/20 Toyo CTs on 20x10" Fuel Cyclone wheels (black) for the 2011 GMC 2500
295/55/20 Nitto EXOs on 20x10" Fuel Cyclone wheels (DDT) for the 2018 Chev 3500
285/75/18 Toyo AT IIs on the stock 2018 wheels.

The stock E-rated tires from the HDs trickle down to the 1500.

Just bought Conti Cross Contact LX25s for the MDX. $70 rebate brought total cost including mount and balance to about $800.
Please update us on how these work out. Been looking at them myself, but I seem to get from rack of tires that somewhere along the line they ”updated” and are noisier and harder.

Please update us on how these work out. Been looking at them myself, but I seem to get from rack of tires that somewhere along the line they ”updated” and are noisier and harder.
We've had the LX25 on the Q5 for about 4-5 months now. From a noise and hardness perspective, I can't really tell much difference from the OEM Conti CrossContact LX Sport. To me they are quiet and not hard.

Back