Post Your Internet Speeds >>>>

1701529389566.jpg

Not bad for a town of 250 people in rural WI. Mosaic Technologies fiber, $75/mo.

Does the job, considering my PC is hooked to a wireless router and a buttt-on of processors all over the house and shop.

They really choke the upload. Slows my BITOG pic upload in theory. Don't notice though.

1701532538070.png

I just noticed this thread last night.

Tested, pay for 600/20 @ 88.94/month - got an average of 370/19 over 6 tests (2 different phones and my WIFI laptop)

Got to poking around on the website today, there is a plan that's 100/5 (my AT&T hotspot on phone 1 provides around 175/15 so I figured why pay for 600/20 when I do not need it, and if it's ever too slow I can hotspot.....) which will run my smart thermostat and let me watch Netflix just fine. Going to save 50$/month. Thanks BITOG! My other phone is a Visible prepaid on LTE and I stream just fine with it 24/7, usually at ~50 mbps so why pay for something I don't use? I also live approximately 3-400 yards from the network centralizer so I doubt I'll really see unusable (under 25mbps) even on the base tier.

No idea what we pay for here at work but we have a LOT of stuff running on wifi - at least 40 laptops (wifi) 50-60 pc's connected by cable and maybe 40 other wifi devices (tablets, RF Scanners etc...). My phones see 300/300 and sometimes as high as 500 later at night

I just noticed this thread last night.

Tested, pay for 600/20 @ 88.94/month - got an average of 370/19 over 6 tests (2 different phones and my WIFI laptop)

Got to poking around on the website today, there is a plan that's 100/5 (my AT&T hotspot on phone 1 provides around 175/15 so I figured why pay for 600/20 when I do not need it, and if it's ever too slow I can hotspot.....) which will run my smart thermostat and let me watch Netflix just fine. Going to save 50$/month. Thanks BITOG! My other phone is a Visible prepaid on LTE and I stream just fine with it 24/7, usually at ~50 mbps so why pay for something I don't use? I also live approximately 3-400 yards from the network centralizer so I doubt I'll really see unusable (under 25mbps) even on the base tier.

No idea what we pay for here at work but we have a LOT of stuff running on wifi - at least 40 laptops (wifi) 50-60 pc's connected by cable and maybe 40 other wifi devices (tablets, RF Scanners etc...). My phones see 300/300 and sometimes as high as 500 later at night
Not only that but why pay for 600/20 and accept 370/19?
Hopefully you get your 100 and if not call them and tell them to fix it

IMG_7880.jpg
I don’t know anything about this stuff. I never knew there was way to test your speeds till I asked a friend. Also didn’t know you could buy different internet packages lol. This is my strength while also streaming on the TV. Seems decent I suppose. Cox Cable Internet and Cable for us at home.

300 down, 11 up. I pay $75 total for 250/10 with Cox. I really wish there was some more competition in this area. Cox and Quantum are the two to choose from, basically. Google Fiber is making inroads in surrounding cities and for what I pay for now, I could have a gig up and down! Cox has the biggest share and is very reliable, but they treat customers like cash piñatas with their prices here! Quantum is less expensive, but I've heard customer service is horrible if things aren't working (my sister had them).

Fiber, 300 Mbps service, $57 actual payment.
Over Wifi 5g, about 18 feet from router with two rooms in-between (3 walls). One is the laundry and other side of the wall is the Dryer
Also through Apple's IP masking for trackers on a Mac mini i5
Internet Providers Modem, My Motorola MR 2600 Router
Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 8.31.03 PM.jpg

Not sure if I provided an update, but I long since returned the T-Mobile 5g router and went back to Fios. Two main reasons were latency spikes (bad for gaming and video calls) and Verizon’s military discount which made their 300/300 only $34 per month. I just did this test on my iPad (older version with AC antenna). I also have qos activated on my router ant that keeps me at an A+ on bufferbloat tests, but it sacrifices a little bandwidth…

IMG_0053.jpg

Speed 2-24-24.jpg

I remember on page 2 I was content with my 50Mbps (testing at 59Mbps) at $40/month with AT&T.

Since then AT&T and I got a divorce (as they went to $72) and I moved to XFinity. The plan is 200M at $35/month, but I added $10 to it for unlimited data. This test was with two televisions streaming on Wi-Fi at the same time. I use my own router.

AT&T doesn't even offer that service any more here. They only use cell hot spots. Some day they'll run fiber into my subdivision and I'll probably go back (as a new customer).

Was 1.5mb dsl. Costs $120/month.

Just switched to ATT 5g for $55 a month. It's around 40mbps.

Both were plenty fast, just wanted to save almost $800 a year.

Long story short a $12 increase in my cell bill prompted me to look. We’re being surcharged for being on old plans $4 each.

Blah blah blah now I have Verizon 5G ultra wideband and I was skeptical, AND bill went down $3.

I’m at my son’s karate where cell data was iffy. I had my phone set to use 5G when it was beneficial, so usually 4G LTE.

Look at it now

IMG_6323.jpeg

The aysymmetry is by design

IMG_6301.jpeg

Back