Post Your Internet Speeds >>>>

I’m in sc and have htc it’s fiber comparable to fios.
Yeah, I think my brother has it down by the coast too. Ironically we are heading to N Myrtle Beach today, almost a 3 hour drive, then have to get back before 10ish Sat night in case the ice storm starts early, a bit concerned as we have roughly 1.5 hours on I20 and that is kind of the "border" line but think we will be home way before it starts or I wouldnt go. They are going to get slammed in the upstate where my son lives towards Spartanburg.

We have Spectrum, pay for 200 and get about 10 to 15% higher than that. Spectrum price is a rip off and waiting and waiting for our electric co-op to get fiber here and/or TMobile Home Internet to upgrade the tower near me for 5g home internet service.

Our router is in the center of the home, a new TPLink Archer A20 that I picked up during a holiday sale for a song and a dance even though my other one was good I couldn't resist.
Anyway, my Mac is pretty much the furthest point in our house, router centrally located on the main floor and my Mac is second floor furthest room. No loss in wifi performance but I really didnt have any loss with the last one.
Todays speed test, nice to see Apples new private relay doesnt slow anything down.

Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 8.55.28 AM.png

Last edited:
Yeah, I think my brother has it down by the coast too. Ironically we are heading to N Myrtle Beach today, almost a 3 hour drive, then have to get back before 10ish Sat night in case the ice storm starts early, a bit concerned as we have roughly 1.5 hours on I20 and that is kind of the "border" line but think we will be home way before it starts or I wouldnt go. They are going to get slammed in the upstate where my son lives towards Spartanburg.
I'm in Leland NC today visiting the in-laws hopefully weather stays mild we'll be back sometime after dinner. My friend in dutchess county told me they're expecting a storm

We have Spectrum, pay for 200 and get about 10 to 15% higher than that. Spectrum price is a rip off and waiting and waiting for our electric co-op to get fiber here and/or TMobile Home Internet to upgrade the tower near me for 5g home internet service.

Our router is in the center of the home, a new TPLink Archer A20 that I picked up during a holiday sale for a song and a dance even though my other one was good I couldn't resist.
Anyway, my Mac is pretty much the furthest point in our house, router centrally located on the main floor and my Mac is second floor furthest room. No loss in wifi performance but I really didnt have any loss with the last one.
Todays speed test, nice to see Apples new private relay doesnt slow anything down.

View attachment 84476
We're using the supplied htc equipment seem to have no issues. I do have a Linksys range extender in my garage also works well with no hiccups. I'm only extending the 2.4ghz network to the garage.

I'm in Leland NC today visiting the in-laws hopefully weather stays mild we'll be back sometime after dinner. My friend in dutchess county told me they're expecting a storm
Ahhh... yes, we are right on the EDGE of the ice storm warning and very much in the winter weather advisory area... will post a map in the off topic area right now.
Your by the coast, will be a rain event only.

I have Blast internet thru Xfinity with speeds up to 300 mbps
Cable internet on my computer is 343 mbps today
When I started this thread I was getting 240 mbps with the same Blast internet so it's a 100 mbps faster

I used have Fiber Optic internet back in 2004 in Calif. Now living in PNW, CenturyLink's top speed for me is 100/10mbps for $49/m for life. Not too shabby, but I'm used to this speed. 5 yr old PC with TP-Link WiFi card gets close to 50/10mbps at the furthest corner of the house. Same speed using Samsung Note 10+ WiFi.

Speed Test.JPG

Had a door-to-door Bell guy give me an offer I couldn't refuse. I was paying $110/month after tax for 360/35Mbit cable, I was offered 1.5Gbit/940Mbit fibre for $55/month, not time limited, no contract. Pulled the trigger on it last week, install was yesterday.

The result, maxing out the NIC in my 2010 vintage Mac Pro, lol:
Screen Shot 2023-11-29 at 10.49.24 AM.jpg

Had a door-to-door Bell guy give me an offer I couldn't refuse. I was paying $110/month after tax for 360/35Mbit cable, I was offered 1.5Gbit/940Mbit fibre for $55/month, not time limited, no contract. Pulled the trigger on it last week, install was yesterday.

The result, maxing out the NIC in my 2010 vintage Mac Pro, lol:
View attachment 190765
Nice price and the speed, even more so on a vintage Mac, actually wow!

We only pay and have 300/300 at 57.95 a month but all we really need for now anyway.
The max we can get is 1/1 gig for 77.95

Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 11.52.14 AM.png

Im confused (but that can be nothing new*L*)
The price you were offered at $55 is $120 on the price chart you supplied. Do they have that leeway up there in Canada?
Anyway, that is amazing and I would be smiling too.
Based on the chart I would be paying much more than I do now.

Im confused (but that can be nothing new*L*)
The price you were offered at $55 is $120 on the price chart you supplied. Do they have that leeway up there in Canada?
Anyway, that is amazing and I would be smiling too.
Based on the chart I would be paying much more than I do now.
Yes, that was the deal they offered me to switch. They've been after me for 10 years to switch, I've been offered $60/month on a two year contract (at which point it goes back up to the $130/month) many times, but this deal, with no contract and the perpetual $55/month was just too good to turn down.

Yes, that was the deal they offered me to switch. They've been after me for 10 years to switch, I've been offered $60/month on a two year contract (at which point it goes back up to the $130/month) many times, but this deal, with no contract and the perpetual $55/month was just too good to turn down.
Wow, fantastic, holding out worked well for you!

Our spectrum "gig" is aprox 40mbit up/1200 down $140 /puke

But in a couple years the municipal fiber will be here.... They are actually running it in front of my house soon.

currently on "ultra" 24up /550down for 1 year promo of 59.99 then 1yr 69.99 then 79.99

its not contract just promo pricing.

Before this deal I had a deal for the gigabit for $99.99 canceled that when it was going up to 139.99
switched to "regular" which was 15/330 for 79.99 (ugh).

Back