Post pictures of your first car here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
Thanks for the pics.

You are very welcome sir
grin2.gif

I leave you with one more.

This is "Uncle Normie", who was actually not related to me at all, but was a very well known antique boat restorer. He did several of my grandfather's boats, as well as boats that are much more known.

NormStripinPortCarling2.jpg

I had the utmost respect for this man. His attention to detail, and absolutely unreal patience. His patience is something I could never match. His craftmanship was 2nd to none.

Oh, and to get us back on the car topic, here's a random Rolls Royce that belonged to a friend of my great grandfather.

1930eraRollsRoyce1985.jpg

It's been a pleasure sharing!

-Chris

God I hate photodump. All those images are now small!!!! ARG!!!

I was lazy and didn't upload them to my personal FTP, since I had them already on photodump. That was not a smart move apparently.

Here are the last two again:

NormStripinPortCarling2.jpg

1930eraRollsRoyce1985.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: Papa Bear
Going to Orillia for Thanksgiving weekend, maybe I'll see one of the boats in the Severn.

You won't see any of ours unfortunately
frown.gif

We sold the cottage about 4 years ago after my grandmother passed away. The family was in disagreement as to what to do with the estate (6 kids, my mom being one of them) and so it was sold. No one could afford to buy-out the others and so it was gone.

Tragic really, we'd owned the property since the 1860's. But people were greedy and saw a new house and a way to be debt free, rather than working out a way to keep something so memorable in the family. I am quite bitter about the whole event, as my father had offered up a corporation plan that would see the property making money all summer for us. But nobody was willing to see the forest for the trees and were simply looking at the short-term profit from selling the place.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

Thats why I switched to ovi, my siggy link will take you there. No more picture size issues anymore for me and its free with 150mb per month size allowance if I remember right. Its the most user friendly picture site Ive found yet and I searched thru a ton of them.

Originally Posted By: leftlane

Thats why I switched to ovi, my siggy link will take you there. No more picture size issues anymore for me and its free with 150mb per month size allowance if I remember right. Its the most user friendly picture site Ive found yet and I searched thru a ton of them.

No worries. All my pics are NORMALLY hosted on my FTP, but I had uploaded those ones to photodump a few years ago and was too lazy to copy them back. I guess that was a mistake
grin2.gif

Yup, family rebellions will do that ....
What part of ON are you from O'K1LL ??

PTBO.

This was my first vehicle...2001 Ranger, 2.5L I4, 5-speed manual.
269586_260_full.jpg

No less than 3 people learned to drive stick with that truck. I buried it in mud up to the doors, bounced it off the speed and RPM limiters frequently, dumped the clutch countless times, and generally beat the snot out of it. After 3 years I sold it with about 93K miles on it. It never gave me any trouble, ever. This truck sold me on Rangers. I had wanted an F-150 or C/K1500 badly, but after what I put that Ranger through, I really came to appreciate these little trucks.

Well, you just have to open the thumbnail in a new window and the image will load in full size. It's not a bad system, because people can pick from the thumbnails those images that they would like to see in full size. It's similar to the option in photobucket, which allows posting clickable thumbnails.

Originally Posted By: moribundman

Well, you just have to open the thumbnail in a new window and the image will load in full size. It's not a bad system, because people can pick from the thumbnails those images that they would like to see in full size. It's similar to the option in photobucket, which allows posting clickable thumbnails.

The issue was, I linked to the full-sized images. They showed full-sized for like 24h, and now they are showing small. Doesn't matter now anyways.

The issue was, I linked to the full-sized images. They showed full-sized for like 24h, and now they are showing small. Doesn't matter now anyways.

Maybe it's a browser issue?
54.gif

Yup, family rebellions will do that ....
What part of ON are you from O'K1LL ??

PTBO.

Ah, yes .... the home of Peterborough boats.
05.gif

You are correct sir! As well as the Peterborough Canoes.

And the home of what was formally (until there was recently built in Europe somewhere) the world's largest Lift-Lock :D

Originally Posted By: moribundman

Maybe it's a browser issue?
54.gif

I think it's a PhotoDUMP issue
grin2.gif

Not a big deal, just plop 'em on my FTP and I'm good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back