Poor warranty work from Honda dealer

They gave me the oil and filter without a fuss. They even replaced the Mazda value filter with a Thailand made filter after I told them that I wanted the better filter. They said that I could keep the MV filter, but I returned it to them anyway. (I’m not unreasonable) I’ll give them credit there.
As for the oil change, or any other service, I just don’t trust that it’s being done with pride anymore.
Thats pretty cool of them. Not bad.

Related dumb story, but when I bought a 2020 Accord new, I asked my salesman near the end of the deal "Hey can I get an oil filter from parts to have on-hand for when I do my first change?"... he told me "sure they're abound $6-7". I told him, you can't give me a free filter I just bought a $31k car from you. He didn't budge.

Don’t know if it’s Honda or the particular dealership(s) but I’ve had bad experiences with Honda. Didn’t want to honor 60k power train warranty on a failed transmission. Had to get corporate involved. Charged for an oil change and timing belt replacement that never happened. Another ugly confrontation.

We where car shopping at a Lexus Dealer and walk over to 2 large double doors and saw all the tech's doing work.
They where very young the vast majority, only 1-2 seem to be in their 30's. What came to mind is the lack of experience in this group.

Don’t know if it’s Honda or the particular dealership(s) but I’ve had bad experiences with Honda. Didn’t want to honor 60k power train warranty on a failed transmission. Had to get corporate involved. Charged for an oil change and timing belt replacement that never happened. Another ugly confrontation.
Those are dealer issues specifically service department not Honda corporate itself. Happens with many brands.

Honda probably pays the tech 1/3 hour to perform this recall.
I understand what you're saying but to be honest as the customer it's not my problem. We're in the weird place where the manufacturer underpays the tech and now I'm somehow supposed to be sympathetic to poor workmanship. I just want it done right...

Wow, .7 for all of that work? Should be 1.5 at least.

I did get the recall notice for the seat sensor but the letter said vehicles with warning lights are getting priority. Fuel pump letter received as well but I forgot to ask the shop. I understand the fuel pumps might be on back order.
As of a couple weeks ago they still don’t have them with the same we don’t know ETA, at least at my dealer.

They feel obligated to email and snail mail me every couple months about the recall they can’t fix though, annoying.

My stealership re/re the rear bumper for warranty work on the backup sensors, had some more warranty paintwork done that required the bumper to come off- body shop calls me to say most of the mounting tabs were damaged. So Honda's own tech's can't properly remove plastic parts. Complained to corporate about some other related issues- turns out the service manager was calling me crazy/insane, needless to say that stealership lost their automotive side to Honda and lost me as a customer- PITA but I prefer to do my own work anyway.

Back