Polarized Lime

I asked for lime for my lawn and the sales lady with orange apron told me the polarized lime was on a shelf in the covered area.

I am excited to spread the polarized lime on my lawn. But unsure what will happen if the dirt is polarized in the opposite direction?

What I don't get is why some small bags are listed as "fast acting". What can be faster than pulverized lime? Pelletized lime is just pulverized lime that has been formed into small pellets for easy spreading with a broadcast spreader. The pellets dissolve with water.
Where pulverized lime needs a drop spreader.

I am pretty sure most people don't get the pH of their lawn right. There is not enough lime sold at Lowe's and HD to get peoples lawns to the proper pH. You waste money on expensive fertilizer if the pH is not right. Lime is cheap. Probably not much money made on a $3.50 40 lb bag of lime. Better profits to sell $50 Scotts fertilizer.

I would be far more concerned about whether it is oriented correctly to let the sunlight through.

I am pretty sure most people don't get the pH of their lawn right. There is not enough lime sold at Lowe's and HD to get peoples lawns to the proper pH.
Lime is useless here, the soil is highly alkaline. But, your point stands regarding lawn pH being off.

When I was a kid we had an elevated dog coop with heavy square wire for the bottom of the coup. The spacing was such that the Biggle dog that we had could walk on the wire but his urine and most feces fell through. My father kept the area below that cage white with lime to keep it sanitary. After we no longer had that dog that that cage was removed and we planted a peach tree there. That peachtree really thrived with that soil that had so much lime washed down into it over the years from rain. For quite a few years we had peaches the size of soft balls. And they were really nice and juicy.

Back