Plan B...College football

Status
Not open for further replies.
The national anthem adds zero value to the televison watching experience and should be skipped. I never watch it and find other things to do.

I'm going to watch Nebraska at Illinois for awhile. Probably another embarrassment. First interception and I'm gone. Riley better hope this will not be a repeat of 2015 or he will follow the AD out the door.

Originally Posted By: mbacfp
I am with you gman. I support their right to do it and now they can support my right to not watch. Personal decision for everyone.

Right there with you. I will do my usual watching all 3 NASCAR races this weekend as well as the F1 GP. For college football I follow Alabama since my grandpa went there, U of Washington since my mom went there, and Notre Dame since we are Irish Catholic.

I haven't paid one red cent to support professional sports ever and, never will. I also refuse to purchase any products advertised during a major televised sporting event. I do support local high schools and colleges and gladly pay to see them play. I also support team USA during the Olympics but we'll see come February if they can follow the rules.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: funflyer
I haven't paid one red cent to support professional sports ever and, never will. I also refuse to purchase any products advertised during a major televised sporting event. I do support local high schools and colleges and gladly pay to see them play. I also support team USA during the Olympics but we'll see come February if they can follow the rules.

Do you watch professional sports simply to see who advertises so you can then not buy the products advertised? You either made that up or nuts!

I really haven't watched the NFL since their dirty dealings with St Louis.

They acted like they were supportive of keeping the team here and all the while, they were plotting to move to LA.

Now the team draws fewer in LA than they did here. Couldn't have happened to a better group of crooks. Add in all but turning a blind eye to TBI and abusive behaviors by some players and I really don't care to watch these days.

Originally Posted By: javacontour
I really haven't watched the NFL since their dirty dealings with St Louis.

They acted like they were supportive of keeping the team here and all the while, they were plotting to move to LA.

Now the team draws fewer in LA than they did here. Couldn't have happened to a better group of crooks. Add in all but turning a blind eye to TBI and abusive behaviors by some players and I really don't care to watch these days.

Both the LA teams have dismal attendance. Probably doesn't help that the Collesium holds so many people that it looks extra empty. For the most part LA didn't want the Chargers since they already had the Rams and the Raiders were going to Vegas. Now they aren't welcome in San Diego anymore either. I do think the Raiders are a perfect fit for Vegas though.

Originally Posted By: pkunk
And you shouldn't. Boycott the NFL flagburners

Since I can't mention the dreaded S-R-P topics on this site, I won't. That said, he who does or does not stand for the flag at a sports event is something I won't waste my time worrying about and quite frankly I am surprised at the number of people who do. There are more important things about the USA that concern me.

I stopped watching when Michael Vick had violently killed more dogs than had number of touchdowns.

But I understand NFL wanted people to watch Vick play.

What a shame...and a mess. Fall comes around, we're looking forward to cooler weather and some football, only to find even MORE politik at the very place we like to find refuge from it.

Such is the nature of mass-movements. All emotion; little sense. After all, they {censored} in their own nest and don't understand what all the fuss is about. They don't smell anything. They may be clueless, but their fans are not. After all, fans are the ones that pay BIG BUCKS for NFL subscriptions, game wear, season tickets, mugs/jerseys/key rings/t-shirts/etc. all "officially licensed".

I think this whole thing got started because that nut 49er QB was [censored]-off he was sitting on the bench too much rather than on the field. Thus he "took a knee" to draw attention to himself. With his own ego so inflated, he felt he was invincible, and incorrectly thought he would go free agent and shop-the-offers, returning some day to beat his old team.

How'd that turn out?

He turned himself into a policital/racial lightening rod. Too-hot-too-touch. Now he's out-of-a-job. His stupid moves ended his career. Game Over.

"Son..your ego's writing checks your body (and skills) can't cash!" Truer words were never spoken.

Now the "kneelers" are joining in because they don't want to be left out. Problem is they didn't think this through and look at the consequences of their actions. Then again, neither did ESPN and look at the mess they're in.

Remember the advice Proximo gives Maximus? Win the crowd. In contrast, the kneelers & Gooddell have [censored]-off the crowd, upset many of their former fans, angered them into rebellion and escalated the conflict. Once burned this bad, many will not go back. Too painful for them.

I can watch my tat-free local HS team play for $15.

I'm sure the NFL will come up with some half -$$-- compromise in an attempt to placate the " protesters" , but I'm not buying it. I'm interested in seeing the TV ratings for the NFL and ESPN in a couple of weeks.

Ironically, the whole initial point of the protest has been lost and it's now about the first amendment and "solidarity".

Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh
Yeah, watch an arbitrary and corrupt league that bases rankings on money generated and nothing that anyone can actually discern while not actually paying players for the revenue they generate...

I would disagree. Generally the picked top four teams can beat each one in any one game. So even a playoff won't give the "best " team. It will be the team that won one the two final games. You would have to have a multiple/multiple game series among the 100 college teams and that's not possible. The pro's have 32 teams and the winner has to play 20 games to determine the champion..are you following me here??

I suppose you didn't realize that players ARE paid...AND they get a free 80-100K college education. A lot has happened since you looked at college football.

Originally Posted By: madRiver
The national anthem adds zero value to the televison watching experience and should be skipped. I never watch it and find other things to do.

And your point is....what exactly?

Originally Posted By: Claud
I hadn't heard of NFL players burning Old Glory. Not standing for the National Anthem yes. But not flag burning.
I love to visit the USA and have met many fine people there. But it is becoming a very intolerant nation lately.

Claud.

True...it has become very intolerant. Especially if you believe in the rule of law or patriotism.

Originally Posted By: andrewg
Originally Posted By: Claud
I hadn't heard of NFL players burning Old Glory. Not standing for the National Anthem yes. But not flag burning.
I love to visit the USA and have met many fine people there. But it is becoming a very intolerant nation lately.

Claud.

True...it has become very intolerant. Especially if you believe in the rule of law or patriotism.

Absolutely agree, someone is playing the divide so masterfully both sides!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back