Pick an oil for a new to me Hemi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have aftermarket exhaust you can hear when it kicks in and out. Plus my edge tuner shows V4/V8 on the screen

I put PUP 5w20 in it today. I use that in every vehicle for it's first oil change. If it were cheaper I would use it more often anyway. Thanks for all the advice. I found out why the oil level was going down so fast day 1. They didn't use a gasket when they changed the oil at the dealer ship. So I will see if it's still consuming oil. I think I will try SynPower ML after this change. I have been using the sun blend in my focus and getting good gas mileage. Anyone know how to reset the OLM or how to see oil life remaining in the 11?

Originally Posted By: Flying_A
Originally Posted By: Mathew_Boss
Does it have MDS (cylinder deactivation)? You'll have to use a Xw-20 oil if you don't want a check engine light.

I don't think it has MDS but it might. I traded in my Mitsubishi Mirage in on it so I don't have anything to pull. Ibwould like to borrow my stepdad bass boat but it's only about 1400lbs with the trailer so it shouldn't be worked hard. I would like to take it to Minnesota in December.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I appreciate the feedback on filters as well.

If it has MDS don't listen to anyone telling you to run anything besides a 0w/5w-20. You will get a check engine light so be sure to make sure your car is equipped with one. If not, you have some more freedom.

Wrong! Myself and many others on a Ram message board have been using 5w-30 PP with great results. MDS works just fine with it. No check engine lights, explosions, or any other end of world drama that some people seem to believe will happen if you use anything else besides 5w-20.

Originally Posted By: JasonK94Z
Originally Posted By: Mathew_Boss
Does it have MDS (cylinder deactivation)? You'll have to use a Xw-20 oil if you don't want a check engine light.

I don't think it has MDS but it might. I traded in my Mitsubishi Mirage in on it so I don't have anything to pull. Ibwould like to borrow my stepdad bass boat but it's only about 1400lbs with the trailer so it shouldn't be worked hard. I would like to take it to Minnesota in December.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I appreciate the feedback on filters as well.

If it has MDS don't listen to anyone telling you to run anything besides a 0w/5w-20. You will get a check engine light so be sure to make sure your car is equipped with one. If not, you have some more freedom.

Wrong! Myself and many others on a Ram message board have been using 5w-30 PP with great results. MDS works just fine with it. No check engine lights, explosions, or any other end of world drama that some people seem to believe will happen if you use anything else besides 5w-20.

I've heard the same. Former member Clevy ran M1 0w-40 in his for a significant stint (and may still be doing so) and the only time he was able to trigger a viscosity related CEL was when it was in the neighbourhood of -40C IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back