Philips Crystal Vision Ultra light bulbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need feed back on Philips Crystal Vision Ultra light bulbs. How long are they lasting, are worth putting into your vechicle? Are they brighter than Silverstar light bulbs? The price is good just want feed back on them. I was going to put them in my 08 tundra for the high beam. As well I cant seem to get the low beam in Philips Crystal Vision Ultra light bulbs these either which are H11.Could it be that in canada the after market bulbs eg. H11 which are aftermarket H11 bulbs would be illegal to run? Is there a reason for oem bulbs for the low beam and that the high beam which is a 9005 bulb i can go with any brand of bulb. If I could order the Philips Crystal Vision Ultra light bulbs in H11 where would good place on the internet to do so. Preference to Canadian website. I know napa carries the 9005 bulbs and not H11 for my low beam.

Do not waste your money on ANY blue coated bulb. This coating blocks non blue rays from leaving the bulb, making them APPEAR whiter and brighter to the human eye. Problem is halogen bulbs don't produce much blue light, so if you put a light meter in front of the light, which isn't "tricked" by the blue bulb you would find out they produce much LESS actual light! If the Philips X-treme power is available in your size, that's the one to get.

Originally Posted By: Seguino
Do not waste your money on ANY blue coated bulb. This coating blocks non blue rays from leaving the bulb, making them APPEAR whiter and brighter to the human eye. Problem is halogen bulbs don't produce much blue light, so if you put a light meter in front of the light, which isn't "tricked" by the blue bulb you would find out they produce much LESS actual light! If the Philips X-treme power is available in your size, that's the one to get.

How would a light meter be "tricked" by a blue bulb?

I think he was saying that blue coated bulbs put out fewer lumens, which is measure of light output. The darker the color of tint, the fewer the lumens.

Originally Posted By: postjeeprcr

How would a light meter be "tricked" by a blue bulb?

The meter isn't tricked. Your eyes are. Also, because blue light doesn't trigger a pupil closing response, the blue coated bulbs cause more glare for oncoming traffic.

Absolutely true.

Unfortunately, the human eye confuses irritation with intensity. Oncoming cars with mormal yellow-white lamps are bright but don't irritate the eyes, but whan an oncoming car with blue bias lamps are seen, people think 'man that blue is irritating my eyes...so it must be intensely bright'. Couldn't be more wrong. At night the cones in our eyes are less active due to the low light levels, so the rods are working to capture existing light and get the information to the brain. White-yellow light keeps the rods stimulated and the cones aren't motivated as much. Blue bias bulbs get the cones aggitated, but with low light levels the result is crosstalk and irritation as they don't have enough light to get fully involved. Don't confuse this with intensity. Normal clear glass bulbs always, always produce more usable light than blue tinted bulbs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back