People who deliver mail--> worthless

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is ridiculous beyond belief. I've had 2 deliveries now that did not get delivered and the excuse is mailbox is "blocked".

There's nothing in front of our mail box period,so how it blocked?! This is beyond ridiculous and I'm pretty easy going but tomorrow I go to the post office and see if I can talk to the carrier in person.

I wouldn't bother to even try to talk to the actual carrier, it'll do nothing but add more aggravation and escalate things further.

File an official complaint with the local postmaster, who is likely not at your local office, but at a regional hub/area office.

The PO and the employees union will protect the worker and give them benefit of the doubt against your complaints, but the complaint may get them reassigned to anotiroute so they aren't your problem anymore....

Any chance someone is parking in front of your mailbox and you're missing it? My neighbors block my mailbox all the time

I have actual packages from the 1990's I never opened. Yeah really. So I try never to disparage
my mail carriers. But funny you mention this. Today I got a bit ticked because my new mailman
Throws Amazon boxes against my door or frame. They are expensive and I just refinished them.
I can hear them hit my door because he is too lazy to walk up 4 steps.

I have a Fed Ex guy who bangs on my door so dang hard and continues to do so that i want to kill him.
I have a doorbell and these packages do not require a signature. I told him politely about it and I also
told him he needs not hand deliver them. Set them on my covered porch.

Sometimes you just got to chill!

Second they are supposed to leave a card explaining how we may pick up the package in which this was not done in either case so yes,it is true they do not know their job requirements so tomorrow I file a complaint with the local postmaster.

Tomorrow I'll take a picture so you can see physically there's no way to block the mailbox
lol.gif

Just contact the postmaster general. They're kinda like the police of the postal service so if someone is slacking off by not doing their job, they'll get right on them.

I am with you, for what USPS workers get paid and the pension they are horrible workers. Mine don't come and get the packages I ship when I put in the free pickup option. They deliver my mail to my neighbor and theirs to my box, I think just for fun. Yet, the Amazon delivery people, who use their own cars and barely speak english get my packages to my door every time, with a smile. And they get pennies compaired to USPS Fedex and UPS. I argued with one once, said no sleet snow or hail here in Florida so you should be able to get your fat [censored] out and walk around a car parked in front of the mail box. I never saw him again. The new guy said he claimed disability after I argued with him, was pulling some worker comp mental claim.

They follow their rules and have no reason to lie to you. They have no reason to arbitrarily not deliver the mail and haul it back to the post office. If no notice was left, how did you learn the mail box was blocked? I never have had such problems with the post office. Never have they left information on anything but the official form card made for the purpose. Have a lot of respect for the hard and amazing job they do.

Originally Posted by goodtimes
They follow their rules and have no reason to lie to you. They have no reason to arbitrarily not deliver the mail and haul it back to the post office. If no notice was left, how did you learn the mail box was blocked? I never have had such problems with the post office. Never have they left information on anything but the official form card made for the purpose. Have a lot of respect for the hard and amazing job they do.

Tracking number shows everything !

Never a problem with our letter carriers.
Everything gets delivered and when we put a stop on our mail the held mail gets delivered on the day we specified.
To call someone "worthless" because there was an apparent delivery issue is beyond rational reason.

Originally Posted by fdcg27
Never a problem with our letter carriers.
Everything gets delivered and when we put a stop on our mail the held mail gets delivered on the day we specified.
To call someone "worthless" because there was an apparent delivery issue is beyond rational reason.

Sorry but you have no idea,this has been happening to alot of people in this neighborhood so instead of acting like you know a situation,its best not to.

They may not even be an employee. My Post Office has "independent contractors" to supplement the employees.....low pay and they use their own vehicles.

In many parts of the country there are private contractors delivering the mail on behalf of the post office. And in many areas (mine included) it's a complete disaster.

I was blessed with a sweet wonderful mail lady. She'll always text me when I get a package that wont fit in my mailbox and she'll ask me where I want her to leave it.

Get the media involved they like stuff like that.
lol.gif

Call and file an official complaint. I have had to do it here with one of our carriers that liked to just toss the mail on the step (rain, snow whatever) instead of walking up 3 steps and putting in the box that mounts on the wall under our covered porch. LAZY! I spoke to a supervisor and they were good about following up and I e-mailed them photo's my front door camera took on the occasions this happened with the carrier clearly visible multiple times. I think they assigned him to another route or he was fired because we haven't seen him since. All is well now.

This was a day I got a small Amazon parcel as well but he would do it with just regular mail and most of the time just thrown on a step and not this high up on the porch.
Look at how close the mailbox is. Ridiculous!

Canada Post #1.png

Last edited:
I've been fortunate to always have very good carriers and received above average service where ever I have lived. Part of that may be I try to develop something beyond a superficial relationship with them, ask them about their family, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back