Pennzoil Ultra 5W-40 Euro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JayBee82
Check with NAPA, they told me they could order a case (Alberta)

EDIT: Sorry, thought you were talking about the PU.

Which PU? The 5w-40? That would be interesting.

I used it. I think the coldest start I experienced was at around 5F... worked just fine, or at least I haven't noticed any difference between it and GC.

I'm mulling between this and M1 0W-40 for my next OCI. Since I make a decent number of short trips the 0W pumpability is attractive, but I know PU will make the engine be much quieter compared to 0W-40 which isn't supposed to great for nvh.

Have you noticed any mileage differences between M1 0W-40, PU and GC?

Thanks for the feedback.

PS: we did have a few days that went down to -5 or -10 this winter.
smile.gif

I haven't really tried M1 0w-40 in my 530i as I've been hearing it makes the engine more noisy. I did try it in my old 1.8T and it was perfectly fine though. It works well in our C300, too.

The only reason I'm running PU 5w-40 now is because I got it for free. But if availability and price continues to be an issue, I'll either go back to GC 0w-30 or Rotella T6 5w-40. So no, no particular preference really.

Well I might try this oil someday in my 330Ci...just for the heck of it.
For right now, I hope GC is still good enough for my BMW. Just got an oil change with GC yesterday. Hope to run it for 8k miles.

I ran this in the 1.8T GTI all winter in New England. It worked perfectly fine and as I have mentioned, the engine has smoothed out and become considerably quieter. I am running 8k OCI's. I'll be running my 2.0T GTI on it soon enough.

currently using this oil in my Neon SRT4. not sure when i should sample for uoa... my last UOA(Ultra 5w30) showed 85 silicon after 3200(??) miles. I am anxious to see how the Si is doing.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Try a Ferrari dealership.
55.gif

It might be a bit pricey from there

I remember some of the Ferrari owners saying on their forum that Pennzoil/Shell Helix Ultra foams quite badly in their engines making it difficult to read the oil level on the dipstick. Many of them are trying to find alternatives, anyone else used this oil in a high performance engine and experienced foaming?

Got the low temp pumpability spec for this oil from Pennzoil. One reason I like them so much is they don't hide anything at all.

27600 cP @ -35C

I'm going to try M1 0W-40 first. If that doesn't work out, I'll use this.

Last edited:
Never had any foaming issues on the Porsche unless you were asking in a Ferrari. I can't even imagine what would cause the foaming in the first place.

Honestly, I have no idea on my end. I just recently started driving with Pennzoil Ultra in the car. Maybe someone else can chime in. The Porsche gets driven maybe once a week and the Volvo is the daily. So far... I haven't seen it clean much of anything in the super varnished engine of mine but we'll see how it turns out by my next OC in 3000 miles.

Originally Posted By: r34dy2fly
Never had any foaming issues on the Porsche unless you were asking in a Ferrari. I can't even imagine what would cause the foaming in the first place.

I can understand why it would get air beaten into it during it's journey around the engine but that is what foam suppressants are for, they seem to be having an issue with it. Mobil 1 apparently doesn't foam.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

Except that it says "Temporarily out of stock."

And still does. Even the PENZOIL website is backordered. They are not doing so well with distribution of this product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back