Pennzoil Platinum or Valvoline Synpower

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am torn between these two synthetics. Which would you choose and why? Does one have any benefits over the other?

the least expensive one , both have got very good U.O.A.s . VALVOLINE seems to be on sale more than PLATINUM as of lately .

At the same price I'd run PP but either is a very good oil. If I found VS for a dollar a qt. cheaper that's what Id run.

Whichever is on sale
wink.gif

whichever has 20x more wear protection than M1 at the time of purchase

I would choose the Valvoline because they have a 30 grade, full synthetic, that meets SM, ILSAC GF-4 protection, and ACEA A3.

PP, especially if talking multi-vis 30 weights.

SynPower 30-weights do not impress me at all.

Last edited:
If you're basing the decision on UOAs, I'd give a very slight edge to the PP, but not by much. I'd make the decision based up purchase price; they are both that excellent.

Now if you're talking sales hype, I believe the edge has to go to the new Edge; Castrol Edge is claiming 8x better than M1.

Geezzus. I am really supposed to believe that some oil is literally EIGHT TIMES better at wear protection, for roughly the same money? Please stop the insanity ...
smirk2.gif

Last edited:
Go with the NAPA Synthetic. It's Valvoline with a slightly lighter add pack. I think it's still on sale for $42 for a case of 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back