PCC vs Shotgun for home defense

I don’t own either, so it is hard for me to envision employing either.

But if I were to buy one with that intent - PCC. Higher capacity, lower recoil, faster follow up shots, easier to handle in tight quarters, cheaper to practice with, better ammo performance for a given caliber than a handgun.

I remain firmly in the “use what you train with the most and can shoot well” camp. So, if that’s a .357 revolver, a carbine, a Glock or a 12 gauge, as long as you’re proficient, then it’s a good choice.
This. A gun that you can operate and shoot as reliably as you can change your underwear will always be more effective than a gun that’s more powerful but unfamiliar. And in times of extreme stress like a home invasion presents, familiarity and muscle memory may be the only thing besides good fortune that keeps one alive to tell the story…

Ah, the classic question, "Ginger or MaryAnn". Same answer. Both.

For feeding uninvited guests, I could easily interchange my GP Stribog and Kel-Tec KSG. 30+1 in the Grand Power along with 6 slugs and 6+1 00 Buck in the Kelly will ensure everyone coming through the door gets their fill of Pb.

But, more important than WHAT I defend the castle with, is HOW I defend it. It comes down to planning and training, both of which are done regularly. The wife and the boy are active participants and know their way around the tools. I know so as I've seen it with our training scenarios. I have the utmost of confidence in their abilities and skill and have no fear they will not hesitate at the moment of truth.

my go to, 3 seconds from unloaded to ready to go, in the dark...blindfolded. unloaded even quicker.

shotgun fave.jpg

Bad guys regardless of size or numbers don’t have the sauce for a fight. Any sign of resistance and they are gone. Lots of evidence of this out there. There are plenty of cases of senior citizens and soccer moms with a handgun successfully thwarting off attackers not prepared for a tough night at the office.
That is a fallacy/propaganda. Below is one of many thousands of examples over just the past 12 months.

yeah, I love guns, and l love the thought of being able to protect myself, but I also know plenty of people get far braver when they are armed and they do stupid things.
I can carry a weapon in all fifty states, but never did unless there was a pre identified need. My plan was to simply have solid situational awareness at all times and go to any length to avoid places/ locations that might expose me to needing a weapon. I am not fond of carrying a weapon, nor enjoy the responsibilities that come with carrying a weapon on my personal time.

A BITOGer got me to take a second look at my strategy- he thought it was flawed and "pie in the sky". Many places once considered safe/ sacred from attack are no longer. Just staying away from troubled areas is not enough to protect one's family and themselves. I pray this changes and law and order returns to the US, but every man has a responsibility to protect his family and community. Being in denial of what is happening in the US in reference to violence and crime is exactly what the bad players are counting on as they seek out their next victim(s).

That is a fallacy/propaganda. Below is one of many thousands of examples over just the past 12 months.

So the BG’s fled when confronted (which actually proves my point) and the man proceeded to chase them. Which ended up costing him his life. I’m not really sure how this proves a false narrative... It is a sad case of one letting his ego get the best of him. Unfortunately he chose to prioritize possessions over the safety of his son and self and paid for it dearly.

Back