Paint impurities on a new car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Vikas
even if it involves repainting.
Again, they would not be doing any repainting. They would be wet sanding and buffing out only.

I was talking about pushing the FCA to cover even repainting if needed under warranty provided you plan on ditching the car in 5 year period.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
I was talking about pushing the FCA to cover even repainting if needed under warranty provided you plan on ditching the car in 5 year period.

Right. I guess what I am asking is: if they only do wet sanding and buffing, do you think it will still be "blatantly obvious" 6 years later?

When we bought my wife's Kia Sorento, it wasn't shiny and it had rail dust all over it. Between clay and polishing compound and wax, I got it looking pretty good. Then a drunk hit it. My buddy took it to his shop and fixed it and repainted the entire car. It looks better than it ever did from the dealer.

Go walk around a BMW lot...orange peel everywhere!

Originally Posted By: antonmnster
Wow, that's a bad paint job. I'm honestly a bit shocked that's from a modern car.

Originally Posted By: NYEngineer
When we bought my wife's Kia Sorento, it wasn't shiny and it had rail dust all over it. Between clay and polishing compound and wax, I got it looking pretty good. Then a drunk hit it. My buddy took it to his shop and fixed it and repainted the entire car. It looks better than it ever did from the dealer.

Update this post in 10 years and tell us how that paint job is looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back