Owner of a Ram TRX decides they've had enough of Burning Man, leaves with camper.

If you scroll down in the tweet, there are pictures of what it all looked like when he finally got to the first town.

Next time, put the steps up on the rental camper... dummy.

If that thing had a WD hitch on it something got bent on that ride out.

I hear one person died out there. What a miserable situation those folks were in.

Among 80,000 people, how many would you expect to die per week anyway, statistically speaking? Seems like a miracle it was only one.
I didn't mean to comingle the to points, sorry. One was that one person died and the other being the rest of those people had a miserable time being stuck out there in the mud for an extended period.

Among 80,000 people, how many would you expect to die per week anyway, statistically speaking? Seems like a miracle it was only one.

2.29 deaths per day per 80,000 in 2021 in the U.S., granted those aren’t mostly 21-40 year olds like Burning Man attendees.

0.5 Inches of rain will turn a dry lake bed into a mud pit. Here in the desert, the ground is so dry that if you pour a cup of water on the ground the water will make a little mud puddle, but it won't soak into the packed ground underneath. Scale that little mud splat up a million times and that's probably what happened at burning man.

Is there an admission fee to attend? Are the organizers of the event making bank on this or is it a charity event?
From what I can find it's $575 for a individual event pass and $150 for a vehicle pass.
https://burningman.org/events/main-sale-starts/
I'm glad the fellow with the Dodge got out of there, my worst nightmare would be stuck in the desert with 80,000 hippies that haven't showered for a week and have consumed all of their drugs and booze.

Back