Owner of a Ram TRX decides they've had enough of Burning Man, leaves with camper.

My business partner was there. There was a small window to get out and some people made a run for it.
At first, they didn't want people to leave, but could not stop those who could make it the muddy 5 miles to the main road.
A few hours later, after this photo, everyone was in a lockdown/can't leave situation.

Last edited:
What is going on with this tweet? I can't figure out who owns or rented what. I find it hard to believe anyone that could finance a TRX (no way it's owned outright) would be attending Burning Man. It would make much more sense that they had a Turo account.

1693969405760.jpg

The big ending to this festival is that a large wooden flammable figure of a man is burnedView attachment 177175
Because none of them seem to get the irony of 70,000 people using mostly private, mostly ICE transportation to the desert nearly 100 miles from civilization, while doing damage to the surrounding ecosystem from stupidity in order to have a huge, self-aggrandizing festival that ends in an enormous bonfire, in order to protest the daily changes that the sun, the clouds, the heat and the cold, and the wind and the rain all make.

Because none of them seem to get the irony of 70,000 people using mostly private, mostly ICE transportation to the desert nearly 100 miles from civilization, while doing damage to the surrounding ecosystem from stupidity in order to have a huge, self-aggrandizing festival that ends in an enormous bonfire, in order to protest the daily changes that the sun, the clouds, the heat and the cold, and the wind and the rain all make.
I mean, objectively, not much different than various politicians and celebrities all boarding their private jets to fly to a destination-location where they and their entourage, surrounded in extravagance, bloviate about the devastating impacts Average Joe and Jane have on the environment by driving to work and heating their homes, between sips of imported wine and bites of caviar.

I mean, objectively, not much different than various politicians and celebrities all boarding their private jets to fly to a destination-location where they and their entourage, surrounded in extravagance, bloviate about the devastating impacts Average Joe and Jane have on the environment by driving to work and heating their homes, between sips of imported wine and bites of caviar.
Egggggggggzactly! If they think that the average living conditions today are responsible, THEY should give everything up voluntarily and lead by example, not “do as I say, not as I do.”

It’s like being on probation for getting caught with weed, and having to sit there and listen to your PO about how terrible your “crime” was, while at the same time he’s wrapping rubber tube around his arm while prepping his needle full of black tar heroin!

They are not protesting anything. Where do you get that idea from?

Inform yourself via google and Wikipedia covers it:

Back