OVERFILLED...again... by dealership. Leave it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CKN
OH-and I'm not crawling underneath my car for the $33.00.......

If you can't suck it up to change your own oil, what on earth are you doing on a motor oil forum?

Originally Posted By: HangFire

If you can't suck it up to change your own oil, what on earth are you doing on a motor oil forum?

My family knows how much I love crawling under anybody's car. You should hear them laugh when they know it's time to change the oil, ATF, coolant, brake fluid, Diff grease, etc.
It's one of the best feelings in the world...out with the bad, in with the good!

Originally Posted By: Gebo

My family knows how much I love crawling under anybody's car. You should hear them laugh when they know it's time to change the oil, ATF, coolant, brake fluid, Diff grease, etc.
It's one of the best feelings in the world...out with the bad, in with the good!

Because this forum is so ENTERTAINING IN SO MANY WAYS...............let's see

Crown Vics are the best car
Michelin are the greatest tires in the world
Run any oil with confidence (no matter what the manual says)
Shade tree mechanics know so much more than factory trained mechanics
D.I. is very bad
CVT's are evil
Driver assist technology is evil...

I could go on and on.......

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Gebo

Because this forum is so ENTERTAINING IN SO MANY WAYS...............let's see

Crown Vics are the best car
Michelin are the greatest tires in the world
Run any oil with confidence (no matter what the manual says)
Shade tree mechanics know so much more than factory trained mechanics
D.I. is very bad
CVT's are evil
Driver assist technology is evil...

I could go on and on.......

TBH I haven't heard anyone praising Vics (the peak of automotive technology as they are) on here for real in like a couple years at least. Thats a good thing because I intend to pick up 3 or 4 more as parts cars so I can keep mine going until at least 2030.
Same with the Michelin. Haven't seen that around really probably because everytime they come up its a contentious topic that devolves pretty rapidly. I see more praise for Cooper these days although that often drops into China vs US debate so I dont see that lasting much longer.
Maybe right, maybe wrong on the manual thing. Depends. If your engine is under warranty you should probably keep running that DEXOS, but once out of warranty, is a engine gonna blow up if you feed it a non-DEXOS synth? Don't be rediculous. Its a money making scam for GM and you know it. This is just one example.
Yeah, thats probably false, Ill give you that on the mechanic one, though, Im sure there are some dumb "factory trained" parts changers running around and thats what can get people upset.
Well, when you have companies shove new tech out, with appearantly not enough real world testing in desperation for the extra CAFE, and then screw over the people that bought into it and unwittingly became beta testers, can you blame them?
Driver assist is evil because without that constant fear of death, whats the point of driving? Its boring. It keeps you on your toes.
Hehehe. I had a lot of fun with these. Bring up more!

Last edited:
Mr. Wizard....It is quite simple, drain old out completely, put in what the manual states as "the capacity" and check level. I even have a truck which will show 1/2 quart down after refilling with the proper amount of oil.You don't seem to understand.
For one, recalls usually involve safety issues. TSB's are issued all the time and are only dealt with if the customer complains about it during the warranty period. I have seen a TSB on one of my vehicles already. If you live in a perfect world, go back to the land of milk and honey.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back