over 50 % synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
SM oil is SM oil, it's $2 and it's all a good deal. Better than $1 SG/SH oil from years ago. Oil tech has and will progress. It is a fine example of the economics of good science and practical research finding better solutions for less expense.

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
SM oil is SM oil, it's $2 and it's all a good deal.

And about every other month brands with .08% zinc, .07% phosphorus are on sale for $2. If Citgo uses these levels and the every day price is $2, I would buy it when Valvoline's not on sale.

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
SM oil is SM oil, it's $2 and it's all a good deal. Better than $1 SG/SH oil from years ago. Oil tech has and will progress. It is a fine example of the economics of good science and practical research finding better solutions for less expense.

Agree 100%. I still laugh at all the Royal Purple and even Amsoil users who rave about 'less then SM' rated oil or no rated oil!

Originally Posted By: mitchcoyote
If you did'nt want Citgo bashing then don't bring it up!... I would'nt take Citgo oil if they gave it to me free......

and Bush isn't tyrannical as well? let's keep politics out of our oil choices.

Last edited:
Politics are banned from this site. Citgo makes motor oil. The site is about motor oil. Therefore Citgo is open for discussion in the context of motor oil, not politics. Anyone who wants to bash Citgo should bash Citgo elsewhere where political discussions are allowed.

Remember when Citgo was Cities Service and was based in Oklahoma? One of the first credit cards I had. I think Motorcraft in 5W20 is almost that much syn and probably better overall.

50% Group III?
grin2.gif

"and Bush isn't tyrannical as well? let's keep politics out of our oil choices".

You complain about political statements, then you make a whopper? Comparing Bush to Chavez? What is up with that?

i will tell everybody what to do..no politics...i am a [censored], do as i say

CITGO is a large producer of Group I base stocks. If 50% of the 5W20 and 5W30 are Group III, what is the other 50%?

And I agree with everyone else, let's leave politics out of this. Some of our favorite oils are made by folks that don't like us. Let's just talk about the quality of the product.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back