Ouch!🤤

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Linked Image]

Last edited:
I have a similar boat, trailer and truck.

I have a winch with steel cable. And a safety chain from the bow eye to the winch stand. And transom straps on both side boat going from the stern eyes to a substantial part of the trailer. That is what I consider the norm.

Thats going to be a hard one to explain to the insurance company.
But will have great tales for the grandkids!

Originally Posted by Ken42
Thats going to be a hard one to explain to the insurance company.
But will have great tales for the grandkids!

My thoughts exactly....‚

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
Improper overtaking. rofl

One expensive stop!

Originally Posted by Donald
Here is the bow and winch area of my boat. All I can make out in the accident is the bow roller or something that looks like one.

Anyone know how to get rust stains off galvanized steel?

I was gonna say … don't see broken rear straps and on a boat that size they should be big enough to see …

No way he did that hard stopping. He must have hit something. Either that or he had one tiny wimpy winch post up front and could maybe see it if he had rollers but not with bunks.
Mines just a tad smaller and I've been hauling it now 20 years. Believe me when they are on a bunk they don't just slide around. I've had mine slide back some coming up the ramp and tried many times to slam it forward jamming on the brakes even with wet lubed bunks. It never budges.

Unfortunate that this happened in the middle of an intersection. However, that does look like a pretty quick way to get your boat in the water.

Originally Posted by JustN89
Unfortunate that this happened in the middle of an intersection. However, that does look like a pretty quick way to get your boat in the water.

...‚...‚...‚

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back