What did your last front tire cost? OUCH

Maybe in theory, but that's all you've got...

I also have objective truth... CT make your motorcycle handle like a wheelbarrow full of bowling balls...

Attachments

• CarTireCrash1.jpg
    CarTireCrash1.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 12
Proof is free for all to copy when a client unwittingly self incriminates themselves on open media... like confess I'll just tamper with evidence to fool the adjuster...

"if I ever have a need to make a claim on my bike, it will have a MT installed when the adjuster comes to look at it... "

If you volunteer a self-incriminating statement without being pressured to do so, it could lead to criminal prosecution—even though you've not been informed of your Miranda Rights. You've indirectly made a confession and that statement is admissible in court.
So if I'm involved in an accident with my bike, my insurance company is going to log into this site and read my comments? You're hilarious!

There are literally tens of thousands of riders these days who run car tires on their bikes. If they were actually as bad as these armchair engineers claim they are, one could do a quick internet search and find all sorts of info about these failures. There is no such info. Do you know why?
There are literally tens of thousands of riders these days who run car tires on their bikes. If they were actually as bad as these armchair engineers claim they are, one could do a quick internet search and find all sorts of info about these failures. There is no such info. Do you know

Purchased 5/11/22, 4 Michelin Pilot Sport AS4's for the LS430., They were $168 each at Costco. they also charged another $79.96 for mount/balance, and $2 each for disposal. this of course is for a car--I woulda realized this is a bike thread if I had read it lol

I do know why. It’s because there are more than six hundred million motorcyclists, thus rendering tens of thousands insignificant. You don’t see headlines on the dangers of ingesting alcohol via enema either. Not because it’s safe, but only because a statistically insignificant number of people (probably tens of thousands) are foolish enough to do so. You’re right about one thing: I’ve never fitted car tires on my motorcycle. And sewer rat might taste like pumpkin pie, but I’ll never know. The obvious fact is that motorcycles are leaned over. A lot. Automobiles are not. The contact patches are totally different. I don’t need a degree in engineering to understand that any more than I need a degree in meteorology to know I shouldn’t fly a kite on top of a tree in a thunderstorm. And I don’t care how many of your friends have anecdotally saved a few bucks on their electric bill doing so. It’s ridiculous on its face.

I do know why. It’s because there are more than six hundred million motorcyclists, thus rendering tens of thousands insignificant. You don’t see headlines on the dangers of ingesting alcohol via enema either. Not because it’s safe, but only because a statistically insignificant number of people (probably tens of thousands) are foolish enough to do so. You’re right about one thing: I’ve never fitted car tires on my motorcycle. And sewer rat might taste like pumpkin pie, but I’ll never know. The obvious fact is that motorcycles are leaned over. A lot. Automobiles are not. The contact patches are totally different. I don’t need a degree in engineering to understand that any more than I need a degree in meteorology to know I shouldn’t fly a kite on top of a tree in a thunderstorm. And I don’t care how many of your friends have anecdotally saved a few bucks on their electric bill doing so. It’s ridiculous on its face.
If car tires were failing by those who use them on bikes, it would be plastered all over the internet, no matter how insignificant you think their numbers are...you don't see this info because it isn't happening...and the contact patch of a CT is larger than that of a MT when leaning, I guess if you think that's a bad thing, then there is no help for you...

Says the guy whose never ridden a bike with a CT...
True... bikers have tried like hell to force me into sampling their wonky handling CT bikes but I said no freakin way... I'd rather eat a bug...

However this guy is willing to screw up his bike with a silly CT and report with a measure of objective truth...

Negative... CT is larger when not leaning whereas MT is larger when leaning...

View attachment 181474
The car tire shown in these pics is not installed on a bike, therefore it has no weight on it. When the tire is on the bike and leaned, the corner of the tire flattens and conforms to the road surface, creating a larger contact patch than does a MT...

Am I misunderstanding? Are you contending that I should use car tires on my motorcycle not to save a few dollars but because they’re actually functionally superior? Is that your assertion, that automobile tires perform better on a motorcycle than purpose-built motorcycle tires?

Am I misunderstanding? Are you contending that I should use car tires on my motorcycle not to save a few dollars but because they’re actually functionally superior? Is that your assertion, that automobile tires perform better on a motorcycle than purpose-built motorcycle tires?
In certain respects they do. For one thing they have a larger contact patch, regardless if the bike's going straight or leaning, which equates to better traction in all weather conditions. They are also available in a run flat, which goes without saying is safer. I don't run them on my sport bike (only because my sport bike doesn't eat tires like the Gold Wing does), but for touring bikes, I definitely think they're better...being less expensive and lasting longer also goes without saying...

:rolleyes:

You know if you spent less time posting ill-conceived 'advice', you could probably earn enough money to afford motorcycle tires for your motorcycle...

The car tire shown in these pics is not installed on a bike, therefore it has no weight on it. When the tire is on the bike and leaned, the corner of the tire flattens and conforms to the road surface, creating a larger contact patch than does a MT...
Negative... CT inferior size contact patch will high side you way before the superior mechanical grip on the MT...

Last edited:
Negative... CT inferior size contact patch will high side you way before the superior grip on the MT...
I suppose you could run very low pressures in a CT to get a decent contact patch, but narrow sticky CT with flexible sidewalls don't really exist anymore. I'm sure a true decent grippy MT will out perform any CT you can buy today in 15" or 16".

Back